ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years employment history British citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vivek112
India

ILR to British citizenship application query

Post by Vivek112 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:30 pm

Hello ,

I am on ILR visa now and I am eligible for British passport in this week(12 Months on ILR this week).

My Indian passport is expiring this week 15th May 2020 and As we know VFS/Indian embassies are closed due to COVID-19 and I couldn’t renewal my passport.

My question is, Can I apply for British Passport now. If I apply for naturalisation I need to mention Indian passport details isn't. So will that be any issue with my application ? Shall I wait and renewal my Indian passport first ?

Please advice.

Thanks,
Vikas

secret.simon

Re: ILR to British citizenship application query

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 12, 2020 11:29 pm

Vivek112 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:30 pm
Can I apply for British Passport now.
No, you can't apply for a british passport now.

You can apply for naturalisation. Then once your naturalisation application is approved and you have attended a citizenship ceremony, you can apply for a British passport.
Vivek112 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:30 pm
If I apply for naturalisation I need to mention Indian passport details isn't. So will that be any issue with my application ? Shall I wait and renewal my Indian passport first ?
I don't think that there is a requirement for your non-British passport to be current for you to apply for naturalisation. But wait for others to advise further on this point.

Keep in mind that if you don't have a current Indian passport, you will not be able to travel out of the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Vivek112
India

Re: ILR to British citizenship application query

Post by Vivek112 » Wed May 13, 2020 4:46 pm

Thank you for reply.

I agree, I am not allowed to travel to India and I am trying to contact HCI for my passport renewal but all the offices are closed until May End. Hope for best.

Vivek112
India

10 years employment history British citizenship application

Post by Vivek112 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Afternoon,

I am applying for naturalisation now and In the form it asked me enter 10 years work history and I don't remember my one job(part time) which I did worked 9 years ago. Is this mandatory or imp to enter all the employment history or will there be an issue If I ignore?

Could you please let me know.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 years employment history British citizenship application

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:25 pm

1. Topics merged.

2. Do not tag your questions onto other members topics.

3. You need to list ALL your employment for 10 years or since you have been in the UK if less than 10 years. And yes, they do check your employment history with other government departments.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AnotherUUID
United Kingdom

Post by AnotherUUID » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:48 pm

Vivek112 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:05 pm
I don't remember my one job(part time) which I did worked 9 years ago
Why don't you check against your HMRC tax record? Any tax that you have paid from employment should be on your record and will include employer details. You can [register for and] log into your personal tax account online. Maybe it can help you remember any other details.

Vivek112
India

Post by Vivek112 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:29 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I did checked with HMRC online and I can see my employer tax details until last 5 years but I cannot see my more than that.

It shows how much NI contribution I have paid but it's not showing any employer before 5 years too. This is why I have requested HMRC to send me employment history but they haven’t come back to me since 3 weeks.

So I am like waiting to drop my application. So is this mandatory option to cover all 10 years history ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:40 pm

Vivek112 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:29 pm
Thank you for your reply.

Yes I did checked with HMRC online and I can see my employer tax details until last 5 years but I cannot see my more than that.

It shows how much NI contribution I have paid but it's not showing any employer before 5 years too. This is why I have requested HMRC to send me employment history but they haven’t come back to me since 3 weeks.

So I am like waiting to drop my application. So is this mandatory option to cover all 10 years history ?
Application requires you to declare up to 10 years employment, not optional. So just add the missing years' employment details. No issue. It looks like HMRC only keep five years of detailed employment data, this has been mentioned by members before. If you are having trouble filling in all details suggest you list everything you know and estimating dates where necessary.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.