ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indian_in_uk

WP to HSMP

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:01 pm

Hi All,

I was working on WP with my current employer since october'2004 and my work permit was valid till sept'2009. I recently got HSMP stamped on my passport. my question is Do I need to inform my employer about it? Will there be any legal issue if I dont inform them?

thanks
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:31 pm

There are no legal issues if you do not inform your employers about your HSMP status. There is no way your employers will come to know either as the HO will not inform them.

Your issues are more ethical in that should you keep your employer abreast of your developments.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:37 pm

Thanks Mwazir,

I dont have any issues telling them about it rather they know I applied for HSMP and got it as well. I was not sure about whether it is legal to work for them as my status is not WP holder now and whether they need to inform Home office about my new status.
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:47 pm

I was not sure about whether it is legal to work for them as my status is not WP holder now and whether they need to inform Home office about my new status.
As per the HSMP visa status, you can work for anybody and that includes your current employers. Your employers are also only obligated to inform the HO in case your employement is terminated and you are still on the WP (which is not the case for you)