ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr long residence queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vicky_singh
Newly Registered
India

Ilr long residence queries

Post by Vicky_singh » Sat May 16, 2020 11:34 am

Hi,

I have couple of questions, if they can be answered that would be great.

1) To go for ILR we need to have Life in the UK test in current environment (COVID-19)?
2) Also to apply ILR from Tier2 ICT (Issued May 2010) , do one need to still have "your employer (sponsor) still needs you for your job" if they are going for same day service also? The reason for asking because with current situation i may able to get this from company because there are no projects in my company for my skills where they can issue this letter.

Thanks in advance for any information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ilr long residence queries

Post by CR001 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:40 am

Please do not tag general ilr long residence queries in the COVID-19 centres closure topic!!

1. Yes, liuk is still mandatory. Nothing has changed in this regard. Simply do the test when the centres reopen.

2. No, you do NOT need an employer letter for ilr based on long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vicky_singh
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vicky_singh » Wed May 20, 2020 10:29 pm

Hi There,

Apologies, I was struggling to find any relevant post so have to post here.

I have one doubt if you could answer that would be appreciated.

Once the UKVCAS office is open then I shall be applying for ILR application (of course before that needs to have LIUK test done). Also one company is planning to sponsor me but due to COVID-19 they can’t do because all requirements temporarily put on hold.

If requirement is open by company and they are ready to sponsor me ( tier2 general) for me, can I pull my ILR application which is applied already or is it possible to have 2 application with home office at same time?

Thanks for any information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:31 pm

You cannot have two applications with ho at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.