ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer insolvency

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smallichai
India

Employer insolvency

Post by smallichai » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:35 pm

Hi,

My employer went into insolvency.

Is there something we as an employee do apart from employer updating the SMS portal and then waiting for curtailment letter.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employer insolvency

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:39 pm

Is this related to your previous post on RCoS and applying for a tier 2 visa?

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/days ... l#p1872020

Are you on a tier 2 general visa already and for how long or .....................??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smallichai
India

Post by smallichai » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:39 pm
Is this related to your previous post on RCoS and applying for a tier 2 visa?

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/days ... l#p1872020

Are you on a tier 2 general visa already and for how long or .....................??
Yes , on Tier 2 visa already and after a week after I entered the country the company went into administration with no notice period.

I am now searching for another job which can sponsor visa for me.

smallichai
India

Post by smallichai » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:43 pm

Yes , on Tier 2 visa already and after a week after I entered the country the company went into administration with no notice period.

I am now searching for another job which can sponsor visa for m

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:23 pm

There is nothing you need to do. It is your employer's responsibility to inform ho.

Note also that you are not permitted to do any work now if you are no longer working for your sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smallichai
India

Post by smallichai » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:23 pm
There is nothing you need to do. It is your employer's responsibility to inform ho.

Note also that you are not permitted to do any work now if you are no longer working for your sponsor.
Thank you for you information.

My employer has now updated HO through SMS portal.
Is the only thing that should be done from my end is to wait for a curtailment letter?

Does the 60 days time start from the day the curtailment letter has been issued or the day the employer has intimated HO.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:27 am

Is the only thing that should be done from my end is to wait for a curtailment letter?
Yes. Hopefully HO has your correct address.
Does the 60 days time start from the day the curtailment letter has been issued or the day the employer has intimated HO
It starts from the date of the curtailment letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

smallichai
India

Post by smallichai » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:21 am

I am still waiting for a curtailment letter and also searching for a new sponsor.

My partner is on ICT and I have the option to go back onto dependent visa.

In the meantime, I got to know that if I go back to a dependent visa there is a cooling-off period of 1year to get back on Tier 2 general. Is this correct?

I am aware that the counter for 5yrs ILR gets reset and I am not worried about it at this moment.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:29 am

In the meantime, I got to know that if I go back to a dependent visa there is a cooling-off period of 1year to get back on Tier 2 general. Is this correct?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

smallichai
India

Post by smallichai » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:14 pm

Thankyou.

I have a few questions and inferences if I get a new job and sponsor, please correct me if I am wrong.
1. This will be an unrestricted COS.
2. I will have to submit a new application instead of extending the visa option ? (has this been changed recently)
3. Considering the current COVID situations is the system allowing us to submit new applications?

Thanks Again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:21 pm

smallichai wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:14 pm
Thankyou.

I have a few questions and inferences if I get a new job and sponsor, please correct me if I am wrong.
1. This will be an unrestricted COS.
2. I will have to submit a new application instead of extending the visa option ? (has this been changed recently)
3. Considering the current COVID situations is the system allowing us to submit new applications?

Thanks Again.
1. Yes, Unrestricted CoS for change of employer.
2. It is sort of an extension but change of employer so a new visa.
3. Yes, you can still apply online. It is the UKCVAS biometric centres that are closed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

smallichai
India

Post by smallichai » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:44 pm

Thank you once again.

Regarding my question 3:

After clicking on this link https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1578067179 and entering the country as United Kingdom its taking me back to visa and immigrations home page, and that is the reason I was worried if they are accepting new applications ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:00 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

smallichai
India

Post by smallichai » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:10 pm

So is it an new visa in extend your visa category ?

smallichai
India

Post by smallichai » Fri May 15, 2020 5:57 pm

I am on the verge of getting a job who is ready to sponsor my visa as well.
We have contacted the home office and HO has updated that I can start working from the date mentioned in COS and it might take 8-12 weeks for the application to be processed from the day my application is submitted.

Here I am in a situation, where I have cleared all the rounds in another company and they are ready to move to the offer stage. Unfortunately, the position went on hold and it seems that I need to wait until Q3.
ere I have a few questions which seem to be complicated as I want to take up with the initial offer currently(as the second one is time-bound and can't afford to take a risk) but I am more inclined to the second one and the interview results of second one are valid for six months:

Can you please help me with the below:

1) If I take the first offer, COS is assigned, the application is submitted and is still in process. Can I accept the second offer and can they raise a COS for me and can the application be revoked by the first company?

2) If no for the above question. H
How many days should I wait before accepting the second one after the first application is processed and I have a BRP in hand?

3) Any more information in this situation in this regard will be helpful.

I hope I am clear and you understand my situation.

Thanks again.

smallichai
India

Post by smallichai » Sat May 16, 2020 1:30 pm

Can you please help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 16, 2020 1:34 pm

You can apply for another tier 2 with another sponsor at any time once you have your visa you have pending etc. You will have to pay the fees again.

Note though that you cannot have to active cos assigned to you. The first cos would have to be withdrawn.
Char (CR001 not Casa)