ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consent form for Child's naturalization application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Consent form for Child's naturalization application

Post by sunny_uk123 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:57 pm

Dear all

I have made an online application for naturalization for myself, spouse and one child (born outside UK). We all got ILR last year through Tier-2 general route.

My query is regarding the documents I have to provide. In the document checklist, they are asking for 'A letter of consent from Mr xxxxxxxxx's parent(s) or legal guardian(s)'

When I completed the application form, there was no standard letter to download. Could someone please help if there is a template of such letter or what should I write in this letter and who shall this letter be addressed to.

Thank you

rozearo

Re: Consent form for Child's naturalization application

Post by rozearo » Sat May 16, 2020 3:18 pm

sunny_uk123 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:57 pm
Dear all

I have made an online application for naturalization for myself, spouse and one child (born outside UK). We all got ILR last year through Tier-2 general route.

My query is regarding the documents I have to provide. In the document checklist, they are asking for 'A letter of consent from Mr xxxxxxxxx's parent(s) or legal guardian(s)'

When I completed the application form, there was no standard letter to download. Could someone please help if there is a template of such letter or what should I write in this letter and who shall this letter be addressed to.

Thank you
I’m not an expert, but from my personal experience I wrote a letter stating that Both parent are happy for child to be registered as British Citizen. Please include child name .........and date of birth...........
Signed it by both parents and include their address, name and signature. Good luck

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:32 pm

Thank you Rozearo! its great help.

Could you please also advise who shall I address the letter to?

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Sun May 17, 2020 1:49 pm

sunny_uk123 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:32 pm
Thank you Rozearo! its great help.

Could you please also advise who shall I address the letter to?

I am still awaiting the decision. Mine was like that:
Consent to the application

Father’s consent:
I______________(name of Father) consent to this application for the registration of _____________(name of child) as a British citizen.

Address:
Signature:
Date:

Mother’s consent:
I ___________ (name of mother) consent to this application for the registration of __________________ (name of child) as a British citizen.

Address:
Signature:
Date:

sunny_uk123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunny_uk123 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:16 pm

thanks so much