ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scotland786
Newly Registered
Scotland

Citizenship

Post by scotland786 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:00 pm

Hi expert,

I hope you all are feeling well in this challenging time. I got ILR on the 13th June 2019. Now I am going to apply for British citizenship; when I should apply to this and can you please name or link of the application of British citizenship /naturalisation? !

Many thanks and stay safe!

Warms regards
S

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:03 pm

You can apply online once you have held ilr for the full 12 months. There is no "28 days early" concession for citizenship.

You must meet all the requirements, including being physically present in the UK on the same date 5 years ago as the date you submit and pay online.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... -to-remain

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1577027492
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

scotland786
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by scotland786 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:37 pm

Many thanks for your reply.

scotland786
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by scotland786 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:47 am

Dear experts,

Hope you all are well. I am filling application for naturalisation and have some questions. I would really appreciate if you help me.

(1) In the application, it is asking for previous employment history. I have worked with two companies in the past, and they have been now dissolved. Should I still give the detail and importantly their address, as they are no longer existed.
(2) I worked in Govt sector when I was on PSW, but do not remember exactly when had I started and ended with them, as it does not show HMRC online account where I can take the detail. In such case what shall I do?
(3) I have worked various part time jobs for one month or less such as Uni examiner, part time tutor, it is still necessary to put these details?

Thanks
S

Fbiboy2002
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:42 am

scotland786 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:47 am
Dear experts,

Hope you all are well. I am filling application for naturalisation and have some questions. I would really appreciate if you help me.

(1) In the application, it is asking for previous employment history. I have worked with two companies in the past, and they have been now dissolved. Should I still give the detail and importantly their address, as they are no longer existed.
- Yes.
(2) I worked in Govt sector when I was on PSW, but do not remember exactly when had I started and ended with them, as it does not show HMRC online account where I can take the detail. In such case what shall I do?
- try to put approximate date , if you can’t remember which month so do it approximately date .
(3) I have worked various part time jobs for one month or less such as Uni examiner, part time tutor, it is still necessary to put these details?
- Yes declare as much information as you can will not harm your application.

Thanks
S

scotland786
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by scotland786 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:54 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply! Do I need to write part time such as part time teaching assistant in job title box? when filling employment history where most of my jobs were part time.

Thanks

scotland786
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by scotland786 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi,

Can you please help me with the following questions:

1- Are there any reasons why you cannot meet the requirements to become a British citizen (for example, you have had too many absences from the UK)? My answer: No
2- If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application? My answer: No

3- Referee: I declared one civil engineer, who knows me in the capacity of close friend and same community member since 2011. And the second referee, who is my friend and neighbour, knows me since 2015. Are these referees detail ok for this application?

4- With regards to employment titles, I worked in few firm on part time basis for very short time. Is it ok if I put there, for example; title 'Part time security officer' where I worked when I was student visa.

Many thanks
Stay safe and happy!

scotland786
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by scotland786 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:51 pm

Dear experts,

Please answer of this query and your help will be highly appreciated.

I want to apply for naturalisation and got ready everything. I have applied to move to another house due to severe anti-social and facial incidents we are having from the last few months. I have applied to another house and it is in process. I do not know when I would get another house. If I apply for naturalisation and then I move to another address (house), how would I deal with the UKVI. I mean how would I get the decision letter etc. from the UKVI to my new address. As you know naturalisation takes more than six months and now due to Covid-19 it might take more time. Please advice me the solution as we are in very bad situation here.

Thanks

Liai
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Liai » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:45 pm

I believe you can notify the UKVI if your new address and ask them to send correspondence there. You could also set up a redirection from the old address to the new one.

scotland786
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by scotland786 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:55 pm

Hi,

Thanks. Do you know the link of how to notify the UKVI about new address.

Many thanks