ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self uploading v getting docs scanned at centre and naric report advice please?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pce950

Flrm application and paternity leave advice please?

Post by pce950 » Mon May 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Hi

My wife is due for her Flrm extension application soon.

She arrived on February the 10th 2018 and in hoping to apply on or around July 12th (earlier than her expiry date but will be applying 28 days before she has been 30 months in the UK.

We had a baby this March and I took two weeks paternity leave and pay. The paternity leave started on the 16th of March 2020.

My question is if I apply on say July the 12th or so do i submit wage slips 6 months prior to March i.e September 2019, Oct 2019, Nov 2019, December 2019, January 2019 and Feb 2019 pay slips?

I was a bit confused about this?

Also what else do I need to submit in relation to my two weeks paternity leave? A letter confirming paternity leave etc?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Flrm application and paternity leave advice please?

Post by CR001 » Mon May 18, 2020 3:41 pm

You have to submit the 6 most recent payslips immediately preceding the date of FLR(M) application. So in your case, Jan 2020 to June 2020.

Why would you need to submit anything related to your paternity leave??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pce950

Post by pce950 » Mon May 18, 2020 3:49 pm

Thanks.

But one of the months my wage for the month will go below the income threshold as I will receive paternity pay for 2 weeks. So it will show below the income threshold for that month. Will receive about £1300 for that month.

So was confused about this?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon May 18, 2020 4:26 pm

pce950 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:49 pm
Thanks.

But one of the months my wage for the month will go below the income threshold as I will receive paternity pay for 2 weeks. So it will show below the income threshold for that month. Will receive about £1300 for that month.

So was confused about this?
If you are employed on fixed wages then yes the lowest wage figure during the last 6 months will be taken otherwise average annualized wages will be calculated. However you can still choose to apply under category B if have previously earned £18600 during the last 12 months.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

pce950

Post by pce950 » Mon May 18, 2020 4:30 pm

Thanks.

But what about the rules stating if someone was on paternity leave they can supply 6 months wage slips prior to the commencement of parternity leave?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon May 18, 2020 4:38 pm

pce950 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:30 pm
Thanks.

But what about the rules stating if someone was on paternity leave they can supply 6 months wage slips prior to the commencement of parternity leave?
Yes you are correct as it happens within 6 months. In that case your employer letter must state it.
5. In respect of statutory or contractual maternity, paternity or adoption pay all of
the following, and in the respect of parental leave in the UK only the evidence at
paragraph 5(c), must be provided:
(a) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at
paragraph 5(b), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of
the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(b) Payslips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application or to the commencement of the
maternity, paternity or adoption leave, if the applicant has been employed by their
current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) does not apply); or
(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of
application or to the commencement of the maternity, paternity or adoption leave, if the
applicant has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at
least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a)).
(c) A letter from the employer confirming:
(i) the length of the person's employment;
(ii) the gross annual salary and the period over which it has been paid at this level;
(iii) the entitlement to maternity, paternity, parental or adoption leave; and
(iv) the date of commencement and the end-date of the maternity, paternity, parental or
adoption leave.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

pce950

Naric statement of comparibility and English proficiency for Flrm advice please?

Post by pce950 » Sat May 30, 2020 6:01 pm

Hi

I've just received a statement of comparability for my wife's degree from outside of the UK and an accompanying English language proficiency statement from naric. (Via pdf as they are not sending post at the moment).

They have awarded as follows:

The degree is: Bachelors (ordinary) degree
and the English language that Naric has awarded for this degree is : CEFR level of B2

I will be applying for my wife's extension FLR(m) in the next few months. My question is that is the above ok in terms of providing English language requirements for the FLR(m) application?

She didn't do the test we decided to do the Naric route instead.

Do we just submit the comparability statement together with the English language proficiency statement for the Flrm application that we have received from Naric?

Or do we also need to submit the letter of medium of instruction letter from her university that we already sent to Naric in order for them to process the above comparability and language proficiency statement?

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naric statement of comparibility and English proficiency for Flrm advice please?

Post by seagul » Sat May 30, 2020 7:58 pm

If you have used Naric red route then must have received comparability report & English language proficiency letter and both will be suffice. In that case you won't need to sit for any English test.

pce950

Re: Naric statement of comparibility and English proficiency for Flrm advice please?

Post by pce950 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:00 pm

Thanks seagul

The only thing is the English proficiency statement they have given CEFR level of B2.

Will they accept this for Flrm extension or does it have to be be A1?

Also they have only given a pdf statement with the covid 19 watermark and they will post once covid situation improves.

Will they accept the scanned pdf upload?

Thanks

pce950

Cohabiting documents dates for Flr m application advice please?

Post by pce950 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:11 pm

Hi

I'll hopefully be applying for my wife's extension of Flr m in the middle of July.

I just have a question on co habiting documents. I know that they will have to be 2 years worth from July 2018 to July 2020. But does the last of these ( 6 in wife's name and 6 in mine) have to be no older than 28 days from date of application?

Could I submit correspondence that has been dated up to May or June or will I definitely need one no older than 28 days from application date?

I was planning on submitting documents (for each of us) for:

July 2018
October 2018
February 2019
June 2019
October 2019
March 2020

Would this be ok? Or do I need something for May or June?

Just two side questions also please?

We lived with my parents from July 2018 until October 2019. Have own house now. Will I need a letter from parents stating we lived with them etc over that period and what else should we provide regarding this?

And finally wife has had her Naric English language proficiency statement and degree comparability report which states her degree level is equivalent to an ordinary Bachelors degree and CFER level of B1.

The thing is they are not sending postal certificates due to covid, only a pdf with a red writing in the middle stating it has been provided due to covid situation. Will this pdf be sufficient to upload for the supporting documents when I apply assuming Naric still hasn't started sending out paper certificates by then?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Cohabiting documents dates for Flr m application advice please?

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:25 pm

pce950 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:11 pm
Hi

I'll hopefully be applying for my wife's extension of Flr m in the middle of July.

I just have a question on co habiting documents. I know that they will have to be 2 years worth from July 2018 to July 2020. But does the last of these ( 6 in wife's name and 6 in mine) have to be no older than 28 days from date of application?

Could I submit correspondence that has been dated up to May or June or will I definitely need one no older than 28 days from application date?
28 days rule won't be enforced here because these need to be with even gaps of 3-4 months. But still as a precaution attach something very close to the date of application.
pce950 wrote:
I was planning on submitting documents (for each of us) for:

July 2018
October 2018
February 2019
June 2019
October 2019
March 2020

Would this be ok? Or do I need something for May or June?
Try to attach something very close to the date of application. All remaining dates looks fine.
pce950 wrote:
Just two side questions also please?

We lived with my parents from July 2018 until October 2019. Have own house now. Will I need a letter from parents stating we lived with them etc over that period and what else should we provide regarding this?
No need of any letter from them unless your cohabitation evidences are insufficient.
pce950 wrote:
And finally wife has had her Naric English language proficiency statement and degree comparability report which states her degree level is equivalent to an ordinary Bachelors degree and CFER level of B1.
If from red route then should be fine.
pce950 wrote:
The thing is they are not sending postal certificates due to covid, only a pdf with a red writing in the middle stating it has been provided due to covid situation. Will this pdf be sufficient to upload for the supporting documents when I apply assuming Naric still hasn't started sending out paper certificates by then?

Thanks
PDF is an acceptable format to UKVCAS.

pce950

Self uploading v getting docs scanned at centre and naric report advice please?

Post by pce950 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:53 pm

Hi

I'm due to apply for my wife's Flr m extension in the next few weeks and would just like to know whether it is straightforward to upload the documents online or should I pay the £50 to get them scanned at the centre at the biometrics appointment?

Will the team at the centre scan and upload them correctly without any issues?

Also just a final question about the English requirement.

I did the naric route for my wife's degree which gave her a comparability level of an ordinary Bachelors degree and the English proficiency they gave as CEFR level 1.

Do I just upload this (comparability statement and English language proficiency statement) from naric for the application or do I need to upload her original degree also along with the letter from her institution that the degree was taught in English even though I gave these two docs for Naric to issue the degree comparability report and English proficiency report in the first place?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Self uploading v getting docs scanned at centre and naric report advice please?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:55 pm

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Self uploading v getting docs scanned at centre and naric report advice please?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:58 pm

I'm due to apply for my wife's Flr m extension in the next few weeks and would just like to know whether it is straightforward to upload the documents online or should I pay the £50 to get them scanned at the centre at the biometrics appointment?
Up to you. If you scan and upload, you have full control of documents to ensure nothing is missed by ukcvas staff, as some members have unfortunately experienced.
Maybe, maybe not. Many have had issues with incomplete or missed docs not being scanned.
Also just a final question about the English requirement.
I did the naric route for my wife's degree which gave her a comparability level of an ordinary Bachelors degree and the English proficiency they gave as CEFR level 1.

Do I just upload this (comparability statement and English language proficiency statement) from naric for the application or do I need to upload her original degree also along with the letter from her institution that the degree was taught in English even though I gave these two docs for Naric to issue the degree comparability report and English proficiency report in the first place?
The naric assessment is useless if the degree is not also provided. You need to upload degree and both naric assessments.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pce950

Post by pce950 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:02 pm

Thanks Cr001

Do I also need to upload the letter from her university that the degree was taught in English? This is the letter that I sent to Naric for them to process the report and give her a Cefr level 1.

Thanks

pce950

Post by pce950 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:06 pm

Sorry for being a pain with another question but can I scan the documents using my phone via a scanner app or do members recommend using an actual scanner?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:16 pm

pce950 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:06 pm
Sorry for being a pain with another question but can I scan the documents using my phone via a scanner app or do members recommend using an actual scanner?
Yes you can as long as they are clear, legible and within the size limit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:17 pm

pce950 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:02 pm
Thanks Cr001

Do I also need to upload the letter from her university that the degree was taught in English? This is the letter that I sent to Naric for them to process the report and give her a Cefr level 1.

Thanks
No harm in including it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:34 pm

pce950 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:53 pm
Hi

Also be always prepared to receive an email from ukvi asking your supporting documents without any appointment with ukvcas. In that case you would have to dispatch them usually through email attachment.