ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When will VFS/UKVCAS open?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mani9743
Newly Registered
India

When will VFS/UKVCAS open?

Post by mani9743 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:30 am

Hi All,

Has anyone got any info when will VFS open in India? Now that the lockdown has been relaxed considerably both in India and the UK will the home office start accepting new applications?

I am desperately waiting to apply for my wife's spouse visa from India and there seems to be no information from VFS regarding this. All they say is that they are guided by the respective embassies regarding opening up. This implies that they will only open when the home office starts to accept new applications.

One info I got from my friend who works in a University is that they have been asked not to issue any student visa sponsor letters or proceed with new admissions until August 2020. And he says that VFS will only open in August for new applications. If this is true it is going to be a very frightening situation.

As I understand VFS in India or UKVCAS in the UK were only closed due to the lockdown measures that came in. Now when the lockdown measures have been relaxed is there anything stopping them from opening up. Or is there something I am missing here.

Request you to kindly provide some information regarding this.
Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: When will VFS/UKVCAS open?

Post by seagul » Mon May 18, 2020 5:35 pm

mani9743 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:30 am

One info I got from my friend who works in a University is that they have been asked not to issue any student visa sponsor letters or proceed with new admissions until August 2020. And he says that VFS will only open in August for new applications. If this is true it is going to be a very frightening situation.
Due to cvd19 outbreak all existing semester and exams have severely been disrupted and probably affected students might be re-enrolled in new semester or might have been able to proceed their existing semester via online classes. I guess what your friend is theorizing is that the new classes will start from September which has no correlation with spouse visas at all.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mani9743
Newly Registered
India

Post by mani9743 » Mon May 18, 2020 5:57 pm

Thanks Seagul. Yes, I think that might be the case.

I know I am asking this again and there might not be an accurate reply to this, but based on your knowledge when do you expect the UK home office to reopen its visa applications. They have given extension till 31st May to all those whose visa had expired so they should either open visa applications or come out with new guidelines before that isn't it?

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue May 19, 2020 7:34 pm

No body have the correct reply but keep surfing following website and the normal good search:

https://www.gov.uk/government/latest?de ... ome-office

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.