ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My referee doesn’t have a printer - can he complete the form digitally and will this be accepted?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Howdy10000
Newly Registered
Germany

My referee doesn’t have a printer - can he complete the form digitally and will this be accepted?

Post by Howdy10000 » Sun May 17, 2020 11:30 pm

The form is currently in pdf format with a photo of me attached. Ideally I’d want him to print it, complete it handwritten including signature and then scan it back to mew. Neither of us have a printer and cannot get hold of one so it is delaying things.

Has anyone typed in the answers on the form, inserted digital signature - has this been accepted?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: My referee doesn’t have a printer - can he complete the form digitally and will this be accepted?

Post by CR001 » Mon May 18, 2020 7:16 am

You complete the details in the online form. You must then print it and stick your photo to it. Your referee needs to physically sign the document.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Howdy10000
Newly Registered
Germany

Re: My referee doesn’t have a printer - can he complete the form digitally and will this be accepted?

Post by Howdy10000 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:21 pm

Thanks for the reply - so a digital signature would definitely not be accepted?

Rbgotpwr
United Kingdom

Post by Rbgotpwr » Mon May 18, 2020 11:46 pm

Howdy10000 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:21 pm
Thanks for the reply - so a digital signature would definitely not be accepted?
No.

A digital signature can be remotely faked. You need a handwritten one, like you would do for most official documents.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Tue May 19, 2020 3:30 pm

Why would he need a printer? Print the form, attach a photo and send it to them by post. Include an empty envelope with a stamp attached for them to send the form back to you.