ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Over stayer, Good character Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abeythedon
United Kingdom

Over stayer, Good character Naturalization

Post by Abeythedon » Wed May 20, 2020 8:30 am

Morning to you all.
This platform helped me to secure my Permanent Resident after utilized peoples experiences.

Here is the big deal. I have been overstayer since 2007 and in 2008 I applied for Non-EEA dependant, later we were asked to provide some documents but we seek for extension and never get back to the homeoffice. In 2013 I applied for EEA Spouse Visa which I was refused, went to court and challenged it and won the case. At the court homeoffice provided the court and myself a confidential letter from their database. On the letter their system pickup my previous application in 2008 and it was valid on their system and homeoffice ended it 2013 when they received the new application from me, they now worked on the new application. Currently I have my permanent resident card since 2018.

My question is based on good character I knew I have to wait for 10yrs but I wanted to point at the 2008 application that was valid on homeoffice system until they ended it themself and work on my spouse visa which eventually led me to Permanent Resident. From 2008 till 2020 that is more than 10yrs now and I think I might have a chance of obtaining the naturalization now. Please can anybody advice???

secret.simon

Re: Over stayer, Good character Naturalization

Post by secret.simon » Wed May 20, 2020 8:32 am

Can you reproduce the letter here, taking out all personally identifiable information?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Abeythedon
United Kingdom

Post by Abeythedon » Wed May 20, 2020 8:45 am

It says is too large to attach

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:46 am

Users previous topic asking the same question in 2018.

british-citizenship/good-character-t265 ... l#p1691078
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abeythedon
United Kingdom

Post by Abeythedon » Wed May 20, 2020 8:56 am

I will look for suitable way to upload it but with the application was valid on the system which homeoffice ended themself on the system before they work on the spouse visa I sent in then. They clicked application started Nov 2008 and end 13 Sept 2013... They now open new application from 14 September. I believed since the application was valid as at the time it should be counted not sure though

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

If it is not too long, try typing it out in full. If not, try uploading it as an image.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:11 am

Abeythedon wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:56 am
I will look for suitable way to upload it but with the application was valid on the system which homeoffice ended themself on the system before they work on the spouse visa I sent in then. They clicked application started Nov 2008 and end 13 Sept 2013... They now open new application from 14 September. I believed since the application was valid as at the time it should be counted not sure though
If you were an unmarried partner of an EU citizen, which it appears you were, you had no automatic right to remain in the UK simply because you submitted an application. Your legal stay in the UK was only regularised under the EU rules/regulations from the date you married your EU partner in 2013.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abeythedon
United Kingdom

Post by Abeythedon » Wed May 20, 2020 11:56 am

I have attached the letter with this email thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:10 pm

Abeythedon wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:56 am
I have attached the letter with this email thanks
I have removed your uploads as they contain a lot of personal information such as address, mobile number, HO staff names etc. You MUST black out completely all this type of information before you upload them.

The documents are also only notes on your file and does NOT mean you had legal status during that whole period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)