ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return to UK from overseas - expired Visa (Covid)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thecomptroller
Mood:
China

Return to UK from overseas - expired Visa (Covid)

Post by thecomptroller » Wed May 20, 2020 10:54 am

Hi

Our application for ILR (premium service) is stuck since the end of March waiting for our UKVKAS bio-metric appointment, which has been rescheduled twice from 4 April originally to 11 July atm.

Our current leave to remain expires on 17 June.

My daughter is a recent graduate and has a very good job offer for a summer internship with a bank in China which may lead to a job in the UK.

Whilst she would had her visa by now if it hadn't been for Covid, I've told her she can't go because she'll miss the appointment and will never be able to get ILR via the family route again. Plus, she won't be able to get back into the UK with an expired visa.

Am I missing something?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Return to UK from overseas - expired Visa (Covid)

Post by CR001 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:01 am

Your advice is correct. If she is over 18 and leaves the UK, her application for ILR will be considered withdrawn and if her visa expires, she won't be able to return to the UK and will have to find her own visa route and start again from scratch.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thecomptroller
Mood:
China

Re: Return to UK from overseas - expired Visa (Covid)

Post by thecomptroller » Wed May 20, 2020 11:25 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:01 am
Your advice is correct. If she is over 18 and leaves the UK, her application for ILR will be considered withdrawn and if her visa expires, she won't be able to return to the UK and will have to find her own visa route and start again from scratch.
Thanks! and not withstanding the fact that we've used her savings to meet the financial requirements (to avoid filing complex company accounts), I guess there's a risk that it might prejudice our application if she just doesn't turn up.