ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zsk_747
Ireland

EU SETTLEMENT FAMILY PERMIT

Post by zsk_747 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:06 am

Dear All,

Hope everyone is fine and save in this condition.

I'm an Irish citizen and my 2 little daughters are also an Irish citizens. Currently living in Ireland and want to move to UK but because of Covid-19 I'm unable to move right now.

My 2 daughters are currently living in Pakistan along with her non-EU mother. I want to apply for a EU settlement family permit for my wife. As an Irish citizen I do not need to apply for EU settlement scheme for myself unless I wish to do. I do not have national insurance number now. I wanted to apply but because of covid-19 I cannot apply now but eligible for work in UK as an Irish citizen by showing a passport or an ID. I have a gews questions in relation to EU settlement scheme family permit. Please can you put light on a my questions:

1) As per EU settlement scheme my family can travel to UK with me or must be in the UK before they arrive in UK ?

2) Is it important that I need to show or have it NI number ? As you know all office are closed and I do not want to waste the time.

3) Is it important that I do have a job in UK before apply for a EU settlement for my family ? Because I'm intending to travel with them from Pakistan first time to UK.

4) I can show the proof of address in UK as a bank statement and temporary will live in friend house in UK. Do I need to show separate proof of accommodation in a form of contract agreement?

5) Before start a job in UK. Can I show job offer letter to UK immigration at the time of EU settlement family permit that I offered a job already but unable to start due to covid-19 ? On that basis will they accept it ?

Please let me know if someone have an information in relation to above questions.

Thanks

Regards
ZSK

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EU SETTLEMENT FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed May 20, 2020 3:52 pm

Hello

The National Insurance Number is not essential in itself for immigration, but you need it if you want to work. It's the first thing any employer would ask you before signing your contract.

If you want to access the rights of an EEA citizen, you need either to:

- Work (showing payslips, contributions and the money going to your bank account)
- Be job seeker
- Study
- Be self sufficient

EEA national are not submitted to immigration control at the moment. So if you don't work, don't have an address in the UK, don't have an NIN... it can be argued that you are not even in the UK or maybe you are just visiting as a tourist.

You need to establish yourself asap and get a pre-settled status. This would allow your family to apply under the same scheme,

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit

I am talking broadly in terms of EEA but I know there are specific (more generous) dispositions for Irish citizens that predate EEA rules and the Withdrawal Agreement. Hope someone will shed the light.

Joadmi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Joadmi » Wed May 20, 2020 4:35 pm

Further to what Zerubbabel said, you and your family need to move to the UK, before the end of December 2020 in order to avail of the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit. After this, you then need to apply by June 2021 for an EU residence card, which will give your family 5 years UK residency.

The good news for you, is that all of the above is FREE.

Unfortunately (as in my case) if you and your family move in 2021 (post-Brexit), you'll be an Irish citizen following UK law, which will mean shelling out a few grand for a spouse visa/UK residency/NHS. :cry:

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:13 pm

Thanks for reply everyone.

I just talked to on phone visa officer in relation to this and he said that you can apply from outside of UK for your family without having a NIN. Also he said if you are travelling with her then you need to show only proof of accommodation in UK.

He said everything is lockdown so you wont be able to apply for a NIN at the moment but once you and family will be in here then can apply for NIN and a job. Also he said make a cover letter and mention it that because of lockdown you cannot apply for a NIN and will apply later once everything will become normal.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Wed May 20, 2020 11:26 pm

Does the officer mean by proof of accommodation, a hotel reservation or a rental agreement for a house/flat/room?

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:32 pm

He said that rental agreement and a reference letter from your friend stating that you will stay in his house and he has a space for your family or can go for your accommodation or hotel reservation.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Thu May 21, 2020 6:54 pm

zsk_747 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:13 pm
Thanks for reply everyone.

I just talked to on phone visa officer in relation to this and he said that you can apply from outside of UK for your family without having a NIN. Also he said if you are travelling with her then you need to show only proof of accommodation in UK.

He said everything is lockdown so you wont be able to apply for a NIN at the moment but once you and family will be in here then can apply for NIN and a job. Also he said make a cover letter and mention it that because of lockdown you cannot apply for a NIN and will apply later once everything will become normal.
Which number you rang, for all the info?
I have a few questions, but i cannot find contact numbers or an email address?

Thank you.

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:48 pm

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Thu May 21, 2020 8:28 pm

Thank you

zsk_747
Ireland

EUSS FAMILY PERMIT

Post by zsk_747 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:43 pm

Hello Everyone

First of all hope everyone is fine now and save from COVID-19.

I'm an Irish citizen and my 2 little daughters too but my wife is from non-EU country and holding a non-EU passport too.

I already got my EUSS (Pre-settled) status and now going to appy for my wife EUSS family permit to bring her in UK.

As I have read that you can apply for your wife EUSS family permit that you intend to move to UK with your sponsor within six months of time or you are already living in UK. But in my case I'm not living in UK but apply on behalf of intending to move.

Currently not living in UK but planning to move UK with wife very soon.

My question is that I'm moving to UK with family and plan is intend to move and if you are intending to move then what documents do I need to show visa officer in order to get a visa approved.

Currently I have a following documents from UK:

1) Contract agreement of a 2 bedrooms house.

2) Bank statement.

3) Letter from a school of little daughter that she will start her school in UK in September/October.

4) Mobile sim pay monthly.

5) Also I have applied for a job in UK and I have proof of looking for a job in UK and some of my interviews are holding because of Covid-19.

6) Also I have a current bank statment from an Ireland with balance of around £8,000.

Is all of the above proofs are enough to prove that we are intending to move to UK 100% ?

Please anyone has an experience in relation to above matter then please explain. I will be really appreciate for that.

Many thanks

Stay save