ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is CSI required for Non-EEA family member and EEA national applying for citizenship with settled status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rbgotpwr
United Kingdom

Re: Is CSI required for Non-EEA family member and EEA national applying for citizenship with settled status

Post by Rbgotpwr » Fri May 22, 2020 10:22 pm

Frou01 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:16 pm
Rbgotpwr wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 pm
madalina91 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:56 am
EEA_question wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:53 am
I don't know where to start, I woke up this morning with the news on CSI policy change and felt hopeless about the situation.

I just now received email from caseworker confirming my citizenship application has been APPROVED :D

I thought this might comfort few people who are also in similar situation like me.
Thank you! This is indeed very comforting for those of us waiting. Can I please check that the caseworker did not get in touch with you to ask anything regarding your CSI?
CSI is ONLY relevant for people applying NOW.

People who applied a few months ago will not need it.
Speculations aren’t helping at the moment.

I did not see an official statement saying when it starts.

But I’ve seen applicants with some months and even a year old application being asked lately to prove CSI.
It is not speculation if you understand how the law works and how it is applied. The law applying to you is the one in application at the time of your application

I got approved a few days ago, I was a student for 5 years without CSI. If the guidance was applied on my case, I shouldn’t been approved.

I did, because it is common sense for any caseworker that you won’t refuse someone who applied in January for a guidance released in May.

Cheers

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Re: Is CSI required for Non-EEA family member and EEA national applying for citizenship with settled status

Post by Frou01 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:42 pm

Rbgotpwr wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:22 pm
Frou01 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:16 pm
Rbgotpwr wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 pm
madalina91 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:56 am

Thank you! This is indeed very comforting for those of us waiting. Can I please check that the caseworker did not get in touch with you to ask anything regarding your CSI?
CSI is ONLY relevant for people applying NOW.

People who applied a few months ago will not need it.
Speculations aren’t helping at the moment.

I did not see an official statement saying when it starts.

But I’ve seen applicants with some months and even a year old application being asked lately to prove CSI.
It is not speculation if you understand how the law works and how it is applied. The law applying to you is the one in application at the time of your application

I got approved a few days ago, I was a student for 5 years without CSI. If the guidance was applied on my case, I shouldn’t been approved.

I did, because it is common sense for any caseworker that you won’t refuse someone who applied in January for a guidance released in May.

Cheers
It seems you haven’t read the same guidance?
You are talking about no CSI = refusal.
That’s for PR the case.
The wording in this guidance is very different.
It says if people mentioned in the form they had no CSI they must give a reason.
The next part is about discretion.
So I got no idea why you think it’s an immediate refusal.

I submitted my form on 1st May I had no questions about CSI. Who knows maybe they are about to change the questions. It wasn’t in my case.

Again I have seen a few applicants being asked to provide CSI and they applied long time ago.
Maybe they didn’t check this with everyone.

I think you shouldn’t come to conclusions tell everyone from May without CSI gets a refusal, I know there are people panicking and it doesn’t help anyone.

Have a great evening.

Learning18
United Kingdom

Post by Learning18 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:42 pm

Rbgotpwr wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:19 pm
Learning18 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:40 am
EEA_question wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:53 am
I don't know where to start, I woke up this morning with the news on CSI policy change and felt hopeless about the situation.

I just now received email from caseworker confirming my citizenship application has been APPROVED :D

I thought this might comfort few people who are also in similar situation like me.

Congratulations again 😊

Just wanted to confirm with you if you were a student that require a CSI during the 5 year period used or a worker?
I was a student for 5 years prior my settled status. No CSI. I applied end of January and got approved this month.

The new guidance only applies to new applications sent this month.

Congratulations!!!!! :D
That is wonderful news :D I am in a similar position as you, 1.8 year of my 5 years I was a student without a CSI so your case gives me hope.