ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

photo specification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saurabh_gyl

photo specification

Post by saurabh_gyl » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:33 pm

Hi All

As per the guidance the photo needs to be 35mm x 45mm, with white background, on photo quality paper and showing the full face completely without wearing any head gear except for religious reasons.

But when i went to a photo studio(G K Vale in b'lore) they told me tht for UK 70% should be face. Is that correct ?
Regards,
Saurabh

asthra
Newly Registered

Post by asthra » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:38 am

GK Vale guys know their job. 70% is ok.

ninad
Newly Registered

Post by ninad » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:49 am

bellow are the photo specifications mentioned by the VFS. They don't say anything about 70% of the face or some thing like that. and GK Vale knows everything about it so don't worry about that.

1. Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background;
2. Clear and of good quality;
3. Printed on normal photographic paper;
4. Unmounted - 45 mm x 35 mm in size;
5. Full face (without sunglasses and normally without a hat or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background).

saurabh_gyl

Post by saurabh_gyl » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:23 pm

asthra wrote:GK Vale guys know their job. 70% is ok.
now g k vale is saying that new specification is 80%. i dont know from where are they getting these specifications when nothing like this is mentioned on UKBA website. :x
Regards,
Saurabh

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:41 pm

Please follow the specs which ninad has pasted from UKBA sources and please stop discussion of 70% or 80%. You need a photograph where others can recognise you well, without needing lenses etc.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:14 pm

It shouldn't be difficult to carry a printout of the photo specs. to the photographer and get him to print your photographs as per the specs given! After all you are paying him to do the job and not the other way around!

:roll:

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

anubhav78

Post by anubhav78 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:22 pm

I got a reply from VFS that the photo should not be "matt" finish. I applied for a work permit 6 months back and it required a "matt" finish at that time..

Also, the form says "Printed on low-gloss, plain-white
photo-quality paper".

Not sure, have the successful candidates got their photograph on gloss paper or matt. I'm not sure what low gloss means...

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:04 pm

find out if VFS guys have photo booth in their premises and get it done there itself , simple !... in Mumbai center VFS has its own photo booth and lot of people get their pictures clicked at VFS itself to avoid paper / finish, size or focus on face...

hope above helps...

Regards
anubhav78 wrote:I got a reply from VFS that the photo should not be "matt" finish. I applied for a work permit 6 months back and it required a "matt" finish at that time..

Also, the form says "Printed on low-gloss, plain-white
photo-quality paper".

Not sure, have the successful candidates got their photograph on gloss paper or matt. I'm not sure what low gloss means...
Thanks & Best Regards

anubhav78

Post by anubhav78 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:07 pm

thanks coolguyindia..

That is the best solution.