ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about British citizenship ceremonies

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

voyager1
Mood:
Bahrain

Questions about British citizenship ceremonies

Post by voyager1 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:58 am

I have a few questions mainly regarding British citizenship ceremonies:

1- How long is it before we can expect British citizenship ceremonies to take place again?

2- Do British citizenship ceremonies outside the UK only take place at British embassys/consulates?

3- For those applying for British citizenship from overseas, do they get their Citizenship ceremony invitation sent to them by email(the email with which they included in the application)?

4- Can people who plan to attend their British citizenship ceremony overseas, expect to have their Citizenship ceremony done quicker? That is to say that if there aren't that many British citizenship applicants in the country where they intend to have their ceremony, can they expect their own ceremony to happen quicker(earlier date than the many applying in the UK for example)?

5- On the UKBA website, it says that due to COVID-19, people who have received their ceremony invitation, will have 6 months to book their citizenship ceremony. What exactly does this mean? Does this make it possible to book the ceremony within the 1st month of receiving the invitation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Questions about British citizenship ceremonies

Post by CR001 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:02 am

You should ask your questions in the specific UKM application topic we already have, as the members will have more advice to give.

british-citizenship/ukm-application-exp ... -1160.html

1. No idea.

2. Yes it at the official residence of the high commissioner.

3. Likely.

4. Possibly. There are many people who apply from abroad though.

5. You usually have 90 days to attend your ceremony. This has merely been extended to 6 months due to COVID and can attend their ceremony WITHIN the 60 months rather than the 90 days. When you are able to attend depends on when things are open and get going again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

voyager1
Mood:
Bahrain

Re: Questions about British citizenship ceremonies

Post by voyager1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:30 pm

Thanks to all the answers on this site, as it has been very helpful, despite the delays caused by COVID-19.

I received approval letter for British citizenship at the beginning of March and I was told that I would receive an invitation letter to a citizenship ceremony within 3 months(12 weeks). The letter went on to say that if I didn't receive an invitation within 3 months, then I should email the Home Office(they gave me their email). It has now been well over 3 months since I received my approval email, but I still haven't received my ceremony invitation. I emailed the Home Office as they said I should do over a week ago, but I still haven't received a reply from them.

I understand that COVID-19 has delayed things, for obvious reasons. I am in Poland and I am supposed to have my ceremony in Poland. However, I want to know what I should do next. Should I just wait for a reply from the Home Office? Should I email them again? Or should I email or phone the British Embassy in Warsaw, is it worth me doing this?