ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extended family unmarried partner and settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bek13
Uzbekistan

Extended family unmarried partner and settled status

Post by bek13 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:19 pm

Hi everybody. In future if I need to apply for settled status what I have to do and what kind of documents I have to provide. I am extended family member of eea citizen. Applied for pre-settled and granted pre- settled status valid till 2024, brp valid till 2023. I am not married. In future if I wanna apply for settled status do I need still provide my girlfriend's documents? Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Extended family unmarried partner and settled status

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun May 24, 2020 8:03 pm

Hello

Yes, you would need to provide the same kind of documents you used the first time to justify that your relationship still subsists. If the relationship breaks down, your pre-settled status will cease to be valid immediately and when you apply for settled status, you'll get a refusal.

bek13
Uzbekistan

Re: Extended family unmarried partner and settled status

Post by bek13 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:54 pm

Thanks to your reply. My partner she is Irish citizen so she may apply for settled status or she may not. But if she apply for settled status will it be helpful for me in future? I have pre settled status. Thanks