ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joining work after applying before decision - coronavirus

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lady888
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: Joining work after applying before decision - coronavirus

Post by Lady888 » Mon May 25, 2020 3:59 pm

What documents they ask btw? All that we are supposed to bring to the appointment? Or they ask only for selection of them?

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Mon May 25, 2020 9:32 pm

Lady888 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:59 pm
What documents they ask btw? All that we are supposed to bring to the appointment? Or they ask only for selection of them?
Hi
They were asking about some non-mandatory documents if have to submit for my application, like English langauge proof, maintenance etc. But in the initial part they wrote like, ' i am writing in relation to your application for leave to remain T2 G in UK on basis of your employment with <employer> and application ref XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX'. The <employer> they mentioned above is my current employer, which confuses me!
Thats why just asking if anyone received similar email while changing employers.
Just confirming, did you also fill the online application for T2G extend with new sponsor details right?
Thanks

nav18scse
United Kingdom

Post by nav18scse » Tue May 26, 2020 11:01 am

raj_262920 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:28 pm
Hi
as i am currenlty also going to start with my new employer from july, i got the CoS from them and i applied 2 weeks ago. i used the 'extend' Tier 2 general option online application where we fill sponsor details and current status.
did any of you recieved emails from homeoffice, one saying 'sorry for inconvience caused by covid sitiation' and another asking for documents ?
Thanks
Hi
Can you please share us the link to apply for in country switch from Tier ICT dependent to Tier 2 general?
As per the latest guidance and one can get the concession to switch within UK instead from home country those visa expired before 31 July.
If you share the link that would be helpful.
Thanks.

Lady888
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Lady888 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:58 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:32 pm
Lady888 wrote:
Hi
They were asking about some non-mandatory documents if have to submit for my application, like English langauge proof, maintenance etc. But in the initial part they wrote like, ' i am writing in relation to your application for leave to remain T2 G in UK on basis of your employment with <employer> and application ref XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX'. The <employer> they mentioned above is my current employer, which confuses me!
Thats why just asking if anyone received similar email while changing employers.
Just confirming, did you also fill the online application for T2G extend with new sponsor details right?
Thanks
Yes, I submitted the application in the beginning of April with new sponsor details.
If reference number is correct, I wouldn't worry. You have application form that you submitted, right? You can just double check CoS number is correct there.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Tue May 26, 2020 7:40 pm

Lady888 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:58 pm
raj_262920 wrote:
Lady888 wrote:
Hi
Thanks
Yes, I submitted the application in the beginning of April with new sponsor details.
If reference number is correct, I wouldn't worry. You have application form that you submitted, right? You can just double check CoS number is correct there.
Hi
ya, i checked my downloaded application several times, especially sponsor details and they are all correct ! sometimes i get a doubt wheather the application i download at the end of the application process is the one that is submitted !! probabaly just overthinking.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Wed May 27, 2020 3:42 pm

Lady888 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:58 pm
raj_262920 wrote:
Lady888 wrote:
Hi
Thanks
Hi
the application that we download at the last page, 'Further actions' page is defenitley the one that is submitted right?
Thanks

professor_nairobi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by professor_nairobi » Thu May 28, 2020 9:47 pm

GG_PM2 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:00 pm
professor_nairobi wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:26 pm
Hi Sainatha

Can you switch T2G Dependent to T2G in UK itself?

My visa (T2G Dependent) expires in 2022 but I need to switch to T2G as my employer is ready to sponsor me, even they got COS approved in April.

I will not be able to go to India to apply. So Can I apply here itself?
Hi professor_nairobi - can you please update if you get any movements/clarity with your situation? I'm in the exact same scenario as you: T2G Dependent expiring in 2022 but needing to make the switch to T2G as as my COS expires in June 11 >.<

I'm emailed Home Office to get clarity on this - based on some stories in this thread it might actually be possible so I will update you when I hear back.
I spoke to my solicitors and they said it's not possible to do it here as my current has validity until 2022. Also my CoS should be assigned by July14th. So, it's going to be difficult to process by that time. I will keep you posted if i hear anything,

varshashastri
India

Post by varshashastri » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:13 pm

Lady888 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:58 pm
varshashastri wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:53 pm
Could any experts please advise on this?
Is this guidance for everyone or only those whose visa is expiring by 31 may?
For everyone. If it helps you, I was switching employer, applied for new visa but haven't managed to schedule biometrics yet. I started new job this week under these new guidelines.
My previous visa haven't expired and wasn't due to expire in May - I didn't get curtailment letter.
Hello,
Could you let me know if they performed an ECS check for a positive verification notice for you? If yes how long did it take to come back?
Thanks for your response