ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

minttie
China

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by minttie » Thu May 21, 2020 1:47 pm

15/05/2020 wrote to MP
18/05/2020 MP office replied back saying they will write to HO
21/05/2020 MO office replied saying HO called, my case is still under active consideration, cannot provide a date for decision making
21/05/2020 Right after MP’s email, got a call from HO casework using his private mobile number. Explained I can’t get settled status because I haven’t been married for 5 years (will be in next January) even though I’ve been a resident in the uk for more than 5 years. Completely understand his point as that’s what I expected before starting the application. It’s the online application informed me that I’m getting “settled status” instead of pre-settled. Confusing but yeh pretty happy the case is being reviewed. Caseworker says I will get a pre-settled status either today or tomorrow, with extra 5 years residence permit from the point of issue.

Thanks guys
minttie wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:02 pm
Husband EEA 5 years HMRC data
I’m non EEA more than 5 years UK residency with residence card

31/03/2020 applied for husband via the app
01/04/2020 ILR/settled status granted via email
01/04/2020 applied for myself via the app, scanned passport and residence card via app, uploaded bank statements and council tax bill to prove 5 years UK residency online (because I only have 3 years on HRMC database)
04/05/2020 rang customer resolution centre, “we’ve got all your documents, no further request atm, just having a delay due to current situation”
14/05/2020 rang again, same response, not possible to accelerate the application at all

EU_settlement2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by EU_settlement2020 » Thu May 21, 2020 1:50 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:10 pm
EU_settlement2020 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:09 pm
Nasara1 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:21 am
asadaqeel wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi Nasara,

Did you hear anything about your application ? Any update ?

Thanks
Asad
NO Still waiting.

Try speaking to a supervisor and explain your frustration and ask for another escalation. Just take your time to how this whole thing has affected you. I was on the verge of losing my job so I was depressed anyway so was on the call over 15 mins. I told them if our lives are destroyed while waiting for this visa, it's not even worth having it later. That's the only way I got mine. Talking only to the first line of contact doesn't do anything. Only the supervisor can convey information to your case worker. Specially if you're waiting over 6 months supervisors will assist you. Trust me !
I called aswell but the rep refused to transfer the call to a supervisor saying we are working from home and under current situation it is not possible to forward the call or escalate the case !!
You have to insist and demand and they don't easily pass it over to their supervisor. Everyone is working from home but there is always a line supervisor available. I was overly depressed anyway so I didn't wanna give up without a fight.

TMG
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TMG » Thu May 21, 2020 2:51 pm

My timeline:

Application: Nov 26, 2019
Biometrics: Dec 4, 2019
COA: December 13, 2019
Decision: pre-settled granted on May 20,2020.

I sent emails and did some calls but what really helped me was writing to my MP. I wrote last Thursday and received the decision yesterday ( Wednesday). There are some case workers that basically need this push so if you have been waiting as long as me ( 5 months) just write to your MP.

I read the advice on this group and i followed it and it worked so you if you have been waiting this long, do the same!

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:20 pm

TMG wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:51 pm
My timeline:

Application: Nov 26, 2019
Biometrics: Dec 4, 2019
COA: December 13, 2019
Decision: pre-settled granted on May 20,2020.

I sent emails and did some calls but what really helped me was writing to my MP. I wrote last Thursday and received the decision yesterday ( Wednesday). There are some case workers that basically need this push so if you have been waiting as long as me ( 5 months) just write to your MP.

I read the advice on this group and i followed it and it worked so you if you have been waiting this long, do the same!
Congtats
I've contacted my MP today
Whats the email for home office
Cheers

Mando
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Mando » Thu May 21, 2020 6:08 pm

I have emailed my MP last week regarding help with my application and still haven't received reply. So frustrating tbh.

Thiva
United Kingdom

Post by Thiva » Fri May 22, 2020 2:47 am

Thiva wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:03 pm
I'm a non-eu. Applied for settled status under Retained rights..

Application submitted 18.10.2019
Biometric given 09.11.2019
COA received 10.11.2019
Decision Pending..
I have received the decision today. Granted Settled status. it took literary 7 months. Thank you very much everyone for sharing your experience with me. it helped me a lot to go forward. I would like to say to you, if you are still waiting, please be patient.. you all will get your decisions soon. it's just a matter of time. it will take what it takes. I really appreciate the support you guys have given me from the beginning. Thanks again. Good luck everyone !

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Fri May 22, 2020 12:27 pm

Guys finally good news to share ,
Bit of back ground,
Feb 2018 granted FLP FP ( partner of British/Irish citizen.
14 Jan 2020 partner renounced British citizenship.
Applied Eu pre settled 29 jan 2020.
Partner received pre settled next day.
Biometric non Eu 3rd of February.
COA 20 April 2020.
Several calls and an email but generic response.
Yesterday spoke to manager even first call handler said that manager is going to tell me same thing what she has said but I said I will try my luck.
The lady who was manager listened and replied she will directly speak to case working team and ask them to make a decision.
Today 22/05/2020 I received the decision pre settled status granted.

Rania Anwar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Rania Anwar » Fri May 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Hi I have friends she came in uk 2014 and got her 5 years residency December 2014 that was on her passport last she applied for biometric residency now my question is when she is applied for setteld status she need her both residency card please Reply me it's urgent she is really confused??

mellina
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by mellina » Sat May 23, 2020 5:52 pm

Hi everyone,

so glad I found this topic.

I moved to the UK November last year, while my husband works here for two years already. He applied to the scheme last September and got his decision within two weeks. I had an EU settlement scheme family permit - to join, that expired mid April.

At the moment I have an ongoing application for the EU settlement scheme as a non-EU family member with the following timeline:
Application submitted Feb 8th
Biometrics March 6th
COA Apr 28th

I have already contacted HO via email in between, about a months before receiving the COA. Did not get any valuable input except that they will notify the case worker about my worries.
I am, however, getting more frustrated by day especially in times of coronavirus and having my parents and in-laws in other countries.
I would appreciate any advice on how to speed up the process, if possible..
Right now my only plan is to contact the EU settlement resolution centre again at the end of May (after hitting 1 month since the COA).

Another question, as a non-EU citizen I am supposed to get some physical document about my status. Will it be a biometrical residence card? I am a bit confused as everywhere they mention some fees for getting such card but I didn't pay anything at the biometrics appointment.

Thank you everyone in advance!!

lifeinpain101
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by lifeinpain101 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:34 pm

mellina wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:52 pm
Hi everyone,

I moved to the UK November last year, while my husband works here for two years already. He applied to the scheme last September and got his decision within two weeks. I had an EU settlement scheme family permit - to join, that expired mid April.

At the moment I have an ongoing application for the EU settlement scheme as a non-EU family member with the following timeline:
Biometrics March 6th
COA Apr 28th

I have already contacted HO via email in between, about a months before receiving the COA. Did not get any valuable input except that they will notify the case worker about my worries.
I am, however, getting more frustrated by day especially in times of coronavirus and having my parents and in-laws in other countries.
Right now my only plan is to contact the EU settlement resolution centre again at the end of May (after hitting 1 month since the COA).

Another question, as a non-EU citizen I am supposed to get some physical document about my status. Will it be a biometrical residence card? I am a bit confused as everywhere they mention some fees for getting such card but I didn't pay anything at the biometrics appointment.

Hello,

I think we have a similar timeline because I also came on the basis of an EU settlement scheme family permit and had my biometrics done on the 6th of March ( your application starts from that time).
I got my CoA a bit later than yours (7th of May) and my decision on the 19th of May. I also received a physical biometric card mailed to me 3 days later ( you don't have to pay for anything as it comes automatically with the status).
I did not contact the resolution centre after receiving the CoA, but it does not hurt to make the call.

Hope it helps

mellina
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by mellina » Sat May 23, 2020 7:22 pm

lifeinpain101 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:34 pm
mellina wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:52 pm
Hi everyone,

Biometrics March 6th
COA Apr 28th

Hello,

I think we have a similar timeline because I also came on the basis of an EU settlement scheme family permit and had my biometrics done on the 6th of March ( your application starts from that time).
I got my CoA a bit later than yours (7th of May) and my decision on the 19th of May. I also received a physical biometric card mailed to me 3 days later ( you don't have to pay for anything as it comes automatically with the status).
I did not contact the resolution centre after receiving the CoA, but it does not hurt to make the call.

Hope it helps

Thanks so much! Certainly gave me some hope :)

khannn99
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by khannn99 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:16 pm

Do i have to send my passport by post to prove identity or i can use the book appointment to scan in person. ? Anyone plz help . Im very confused.. my wife is a polish citizen and she already have applied for pre settled status. We are married in Pokand and have a original polish marriage certificate. I applied on the EEA FM route 2 years ago and gor refused. I currently have no valid visa.
I have a eu fm residence card issued in ireland. But now i live in the UK with my wife

khannn99
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by khannn99 » Mon May 25, 2020 9:03 am

minttie wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:47 pm
15/05/2020 wrote to MP
18/05/2020 MP office replied back saying they will write to HO
21/05/2020 MO office replied saying HO called, my case is still under active consideration, cannot provide a date for decision making
21/05/2020 Right after MP’s email, got a call from HO casework using his private mobile number. Explained I can’t get settled status because I haven’t been married for 5 years (will be in next January) even though I’ve been a resident in the uk for more than 5 years. Completely understand his point as that’s what I expected before starting the application. It’s the online application informed me that I’m getting “settled status” instead of pre-settled. Confusing but yeh pretty happy the case is being reviewed. Caseworker says I will get a pre-settled status either today or tomorrow, with extra 5 years residence permit from the point of issue.

Thanks guys
minttie wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:02 pm
Husband EEA 5 years HMRC data
I’m non EEA more than 5 years UK residency with residence card

31/03/2020 applied for husband via the app
01/04/2020 ILR/settled status granted via email
01/04/2020 applied for myself via the app, scanned passport and residence card via app, uploaded bank statements and council tax bill to prove 5 years UK residency online (because I only have 3 years on HRMC database)
04/05/2020 rang customer resolution centre, “we’ve got all your documents, no further request atm, just having a delay due to current situation”
14/05/2020 rang again, same response, not possible to accelerate the application at all
The case worker is wrong.. you don't need to be married for 5 years to get settled status.. 5 years of residency in the UK is required

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:14 pm

khannn99 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:16 pm
Do i have to send my passport by post to prove identity or i can use the book appointment to scan in person. ? Anyone plz help . Im very confused.. my wife is a polish citizen and she already have applied for pre settled status. We are married in Pokand and have a original polish marriage certificate. I applied on the EEA FM route 2 years ago and gor refused. I currently have no valid visa.
I have a eu fm residence card issued in ireland. But now i live in the UK with my wife
If the card is readable by nfc i dont think u need to send it as they will already have all ur records including biomatrics. Also avoid sending any documents by post as there is a chance that they might get stuck or possibly lost in the pile which is already building. Upto u guys what u think is best for u. Mine is just an opinion.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:22 pm

EU nationals at risk of being denied UK citizenship after Home Office creates shock new tests

https://apple.news/ABfQiKSRoRJW1TelL_HNoAw

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:43 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:22 pm
EU nationals at risk of being denied UK citizenship after Home Office creates shock new tests

https://apple.news/ABfQiKSRoRJW1TelL_HNoAw
This topic is NOT relevant to citizenship. Please do not post this here when there is already an existing topic for the CSI discussion.

british-citizenship/csi-and-settle-stat ... 01196.html

CSI has always been a requirement, for citizenship, ie legal status, it is nothing new.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khannn99
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by khannn99 » Mon May 25, 2020 3:50 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:14 pm
khannn99 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:16 pm
If the card is readable by nfc i dont think u need to send it as they will already have all ur records including biomatrics. Also avoid sending any documents by post as there is a chance that they might get stuck or possibly lost in the pile which is already building. Upto u guys what u think is best for u. Mine is just an opinion.

What is NFC? And I don't have any residence card from UK...And yes im trying to avoid sending passport as it gets stuck.. i have been told that even if u click the option proof identity by post , they still don't ask for passport instead they tell u to book appointment for biometrics and ur id gets scanned there in person .. not sure if anyone can guide plz

Sebastianm
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by Sebastianm » Mon May 25, 2020 9:40 pm

Hello

My timeline is
I have submitted 21th of january 2010
Biometric enrolled 29th of january 2020
COA recieved 12th of march
Decision still waiting

I know if I don't going to push them I am going to wait for many mounths..in couple of weeks I intend to contact my MP asweel..anyone can share a copy of letter please...

Thank you

samejaz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by samejaz » Tue May 26, 2020 4:30 am

Bro, what is MP?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:12 am

samejaz wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:30 am
Bro, what is MP?
MP = Member of Parliament
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Joadmi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Joadmi » Tue May 26, 2020 7:14 am

Hi all, a quick question.

So, a non-EU spouse of an EU citizen with settled status, gets the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit and then moves to the UK. However, after a few weeks, the spouse would have to leave the UK for a couple of months, for the couple's child to finish schooling overseas, before returning.

My question is:
Would it be better for the non-EU spouse to apply for pre-settled status once arriving in the UK the first time, which means it would likely be granted/residence card would come, while the spouse is outside of the UK? Or would it be better to wait until the spouse has returned to the UK, well before the Family Permit expiry limit of 6 months?

Bunny47
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bunny47 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:02 am

Just received my settled status today after 14 months.

Application submitted on 30-03-2019 without eu partners id and proof ov residence. I've only attached 2x ov her p60s and asked to perform automated NIN checks.

COA received 8-04-2019.
Settled status email dated 26-05-2020.

Saa123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Saa123 » Tue May 26, 2020 1:18 pm

Bunny47 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:02 am

Application submitted on 30-03-2019 without eu partners id and proof ov residence. I've only attached 2x ov her p60s and asked to perform automated NIN checks.

COA received 8-04-2019.
Congratulations you get what you want even after long time

asadaqeel
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by asadaqeel » Tue May 26, 2020 6:10 pm

Bunny47 wrote:

COA received 8-04-2019.

Congratulations very happy for you mate. :)

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Tue May 26, 2020 6:55 pm

Bunny47 wrote:

COA received 8-04-2019.

Hi mate can u tell me pls about ur immigration history I need some information as I'm in same boat thank u