ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does the CSI requirements apply to people who already have PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maverickChongo
Newly Registered
Columbia

Does the CSI requirements apply to people who already have PR

Post by maverickChongo » Tue May 26, 2020 9:56 am

Hi,

I am the partner of an European citizen, I have been in the UK for the last 10 years and since 2015 I have a permanent residence card.

I was wondering whether the new CSI requirement will affect me when I apply for British citizenship? or because I already have the permanent residence card they won't bother to check it in this case?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Lopand
Poland

Re: Does the CSI requirements apply to people who already have PR

Post by Lopand » Tue May 26, 2020 11:12 am

I don't think that it would apply to you. The change is only for applicants relying on Settled Status.

AnotherUUID
United Kingdom

Post by AnotherUUID » Tue May 26, 2020 8:25 pm

maverickChongo wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:56 am
I am the partner of an European citizen, I have been in the UK for the last 10 years and since 2015 I have a permanent residence card.

I was wondering whether the new CSI requirement will affect me when I apply for British citizenship?
No. The new rules do not affect those with DCPR. This is because since 20 June 2011, CSI has been a requirement in order to have a DCPR application granted. As such, by having been issued with a DCPR in 2015, you have already met the CSI requirement as part of that application and demonstrated that you have been lawfully in the UK for the period before that.

Once you acquire PR status (as you have in 2015) you are free from immigration restrictions and are no longer subject to CSI requirements for the time following the grant of PR (i.e. 2015 onwards, with the exact date dependent on your DCPR)

maverickChongo
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by maverickChongo » Wed May 27, 2020 12:56 am

Great, thanks very much for your answers, it is really a relief :D