ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settled Application refused

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ecel
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EU Settled Application refused

Post by ecel » Wed May 27, 2020 8:01 pm

Dear house members,

It is a great privilege to be here today to learn from the experienced ones. We received with shocked yesterday when our EU settled status application was refused because of eligibility under rule EU6. The main claim of the HO is that we have had limited leave to remain which is due for second renewal next year March.

The Home office had our application over 11 months ago and they cannot tell us that we are not qualify within a week. I think the first thing any organisation will check in application is eligibility. My questions are:

1. Why does it take Home Office up to a year to determine eligibility of an application?
2. Why did Home Office choose to decisive the public about the publicised eligibility requirement and they
have another internal eligibility criteria used to decide on application?
3. Why is Home Office wasting public resources for up to a year on application that they know does not meet
the requirements? A decision would have been made within an hour of receiving the application.

Kindly advise if we should go for administrative review. Do we have better chance? What are the new things we can tell HO?

Thank you for your time to read through.

ecel

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EU Settled Application refused

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Hello,
1. Why does it take Home Office up to a year to determine eligibility of an application?
I agree. The delay is a bit on the long side but in other hand, they have no specific SLA. In complex cases, of if further checks are required, they can take longer than usual.
3. Why is Home Office wasting public resources for up to a year on application that they know does not meet
the requirements? A decision would have been made within an hour of receiving the application.
This won't help for your individual case. It's interesting to consider in terms of broader policy but it's won't help with your individual case to consider that aspect.

Now, what happened? What's your status in the UK? Are you with an EEA national? Were you both refused?

asadaqeel
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by asadaqeel » Wed May 27, 2020 8:31 pm

ecel wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:01 pm
Dear house members,

It is a great privilege to be here today to learn from the experienced ones. We received with shocked yesterday when our EU settled status application was refused because of eligibility under rule EU6. The main claim of the HO is that we have had limited leave to remain which is due for second renewal next year March.

The Home office had our application over 11 months ago and they cannot tell us that we are not qualify within a week. I think the first thing any organisation will check in application is eligibility. My questions are:

2. Why did Home Office choose to decisive the public about the publicised eligibility requirement and they

Kindly advise if we should go for administrative review. Do we have better chance? What are the new things we can tell HO?

ecel
Hi Ecel,

Please can you provide your case histroy and on what relation did you applied in this scheme ?

Thanks

ecel
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ecel » Wed May 27, 2020 9:57 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 pm
Hello,
I agree. The delay is a bit on the long side but in other hand, they have no specific SLA. In complex cases, of if further checks are required, they can take longer than usual.
This won't help for your individual case. It's interesting to consider in terms of broader policy but it's won't help with your individual case to consider that aspect.

Now, what happened? What's your status in the UK? Are you with an EEA national? Were you both refused?
Thank you Zerubbabel. I really appreciate your prompt response. Yes, we were both refused. We have three British children age 15, 13 and 10.

ecel
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ecel » Wed May 27, 2020 10:02 pm

asadaqeel wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:31 pm
ecel wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:01 pm
Dear house members,

ecel
Hi Ecel,

Please can you provide your case histroy and on what relation did you applied in this scheme ?

Thanks
Thank you asadaqeel for your contribution. We have three British children age 15, 13 and 10. We finally won at tribunal court when our first child turned 10 and had his naturalisation done. We were given limited leave to remain. The second renewal is due in March 2021. We applied on the based on having three British children.

ecel
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ecel » Wed May 27, 2020 10:04 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 pm
Hello,

Currently we have limited leave to remain with second renewal due in March 2021. All our three children now has British citizenship.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu May 28, 2020 8:16 pm

I think you need to share your immigration history so people can understand your situation.

Your posts are rather cryptic to be honest.