ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Query - Deadline & Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

the_silk_route

ILR Application Query - Deadline & Documents

Post by the_silk_route » Sat May 16, 2020 5:43 pm

Good afternoon all,

I have some questions regarding the ILR application following completion of 5 years in the UK under the spouse visa route and would appreciate if someone could please advise regarding my queries below.

Timeline of spouse visa:
1) Visa granted: 27/11/2014 (valid until 27/08/2017)
2) Entered UK: 13/12/2014
3) FLR (M) applied: 25/07/2017
4) FLR (M) granted: 10/11/2017
5) BRP issue date: 13/11/2017
6) BRP expiry date: 10/06/2020

Q1) Am I correct in thinking that my wife’s current visa expiry date is essentially the expiry date of the BRP, and that is the deadline by which we should submit our online SET(M) application?

With regards to required documents, I have done some research and believe the following supporting documents are required:
  • Bank statements (6 months)
    Payslips (6 months)
    Employer letter
    Contract of employment
    6 Letters addressed to each over the last 30 month period
    Marriage certificate (original & english translation)
    Sponsor passport
    Sponsor signed declaration
    Birth certificates of our children born in UK
    B1 English language test certificate (GESE Grade 5, CEFR Level B1.1)
    LIUK Test Certificate
    Current BRP
    Current passport
    Previous passports
    Passport sized photo
Q2) Can anyone advise whether I have missed anything out from the list of required documents?

Q3) I believe that photos, P60 and letter regarding suitability of housing is not required? We own our own home so can provide mortgage letters if needed but do we need a letter from an estate agent/solicitor advising there is enough space in the house etc.?

Q4) And finally it is definitely the SET(M) form that we should be filling in for ILR following 5 year spouse visa route right?

Many thanks in advance for your help! :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application Query - Deadline & Documents

Post by CR001 » Sat May 16, 2020 5:48 pm

Q1. Yes the brp expiry date is the visa expiry date. She could have applied late last year already after 5 years in the UK counted from date of entry on a spouse visa, there was no need to wait till visa expiry date.

Q2. Documents are fine. You dont need passport photos.

Q3. Seems fine. Letter not required.

Q4. Yes, form set m.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat May 16, 2020 6:25 pm

the_silk_route wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 5:43 pm
6 Letters addressed to each over the last 30 month period
24 months
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cristinepatio
United Kingdom

Post by cristinepatio » Sat May 16, 2020 8:16 pm

Hi, i have a question. what is the 6 letters addressed to each for 30 months? thanks I am going to apply as well ILR Tier2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 16, 2020 8:22 pm

cristinepatio wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:16 pm
Hi, i have a question. what is the 6 letters addressed to each for 30 months? thanks I am going to apply as well ILR Tier2
Please ask your questions in your own topic and do not tag onto other members threads that are not relevant to your ilr route. This topic is about a completely different route and is not a tier 2 ilr route topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Sun May 24, 2020 9:34 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for the information above, very much appreciated.

I have a query regarding the information that needs to be included in the letter from my employer. Could anyone advise/or provide a list of details which are mandatory to be mentioned on the letter?

Is it still a requirement for some paperwork to be within 28 days of the submission date (employer letter etc.)?

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun May 24, 2020 10:16 pm

the_silk_route wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:34 pm
Hi All,

Thanks for the information above, very much appreciated.

I have a query regarding the information that needs to be included in the letter from my employer. Could anyone advise/or provide a list of details which are mandatory to be mentioned on the letter?

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
the_silk_route wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:34 pm
Is it still a requirement for some paperwork to be within 28 days of the submission date (employer letter etc.)?

Thanks.
Yes
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Sun May 24, 2020 11:52 pm

I have another question which we would like to ask having completed a further portion of the application this evening.

The home in which we live is owned by me, and my wife (applicant) lives with me in this home. There is a question which asks her "Do you own or rent your home". We have selected "Neither own nor rent" as the answer for this as technically she doesn't pay any rent but at the same time she isn't included on the mortgage documents or ownership documents of the home as it was purchased before our marriage.

Is this the right answer to the question?

I can provide mortgage letters, my passport copy and a signed letter by me (owner of the property) advising that I am happy for my wife to live with me in the property.

Is this technically the right way to answer this question as answering either of the other options would mean she would need to provide tenancy/mortgage letters in her name which we don't have?

Thanks! :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon May 25, 2020 12:13 am

the_silk_route wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:52 pm
I have another question which we would like to ask having completed a further portion of the application this evening.

The home in which we live is owned by me, and my wife (applicant) lives with me in this home. There is a question which asks her "Do you own or rent your home". We have selected "Neither own nor rent" as the answer for this as technically she doesn't pay any rent but at the same time she isn't included on the mortgage documents or ownership documents of the home as it was purchased before our marriage.

Is this the right answer to the question?

I can provide mortgage letters, my passport copy and a signed letter by me (owner of the property) advising that I am happy for my wife to live with me in the property.

Is this technically the right way to answer this question as answering either of the other options would mean she would need to provide tenancy/mortgage letters in her name which we don't have?

Thanks! :)
Just select "own". And simply attach mortgage statement, title deed and council tax.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Thu May 28, 2020 10:13 am

The only issue regarding the housing is that I own the house jointly with my parents and although my name is on the mortgage deeds it's my parents who pay the council tax and I cover the other bills so I won't have such a letter.

So am I correct in thinking that I would need to provide the mortgage letters and a letter from my parents advising that they give my wife permission to reside in the property which is jointly owned by me?

Does the mortgage paperwork have to be within 28 days old or can I submit some paperwork I received a few months ago?

Will a housing inspection report be required to show adequate room etc.?

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu May 28, 2020 1:21 pm

the_silk_route wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:13 am
it's my parents who pay the council tax and I cover the other bills so I won't have such a letter.
Council tax bill is optional so don't attach
the_silk_route wrote:
So am I correct in thinking that I would need to provide the mortgage letters and a letter from my parents advising that they give my wife permission to reside in the property which is jointly owned by me?
Yes better to attach that letter from parents.
the_silk_route wrote:
Does the mortgage paperwork have to be within 28 days old or can I submit some paperwork I received a few months ago?
28 days rule shouldn't apply for this but try to download/order the title deeds within 28 days before applying.
the_silk_route wrote:
Will a housing inspection report be required to show adequate room etc.?

Thanks.
No if no none-related adult living with you.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:08 pm

Hi All,

I wanted to ask some guidance on documents required given that we are now toward the end of the application and are very nearly ready to submit. When going through the online application form we have been advised that the following "Mandatory" documents need to be submitted:
  • Applicant current passport
    Signed sponsor declaration

6 Letters adressed to each over 24 months
    Proof of property ownership (Mortgage Statement)
    Signed letter with permission to reside in property (Joint owned and living with parents)
    Passport copy of property owners
    Old applicant passport
    Sponsor passport
    BRP
    6 months payslips
    Contract of employment
    Employment letter
    P60
    6 months bank statements
Am I correct in thinking that the above is all we need to provide in order for the application to meet the requirements and the below are not really needed for the application to be succssful?
  • Marriage certificates (Original & Translated)
    Title deeds
    Council tax letters
    Childrens birth certificates (British citizens)
We've not yet hit submit but will be doing so tomorrow - do the documents have to be uploaded immediately?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:25 pm

the_silk_route wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:08 pm
Hi All,

I wanted to ask some guidance on documents required given that we are now toward the end of the application and are very nearly ready to submit. When going through the online application form we have been advised that the following "Mandatory" documents need to be submitted:
  • Applicant current passport
    Signed sponsor declaration

6 Letters adressed to each over 24 months
    Proof of property ownership (Mortgage Statement)
    Signed letter with permission to reside in property (Joint owned and living with parents)
    Passport copy of property owners
    Old applicant passport
    Sponsor passport
    BRP
    6 months payslips
    Contract of employment
    Employment letter
    P60
    6 months bank statements
Am I correct in thinking that the above is all we need to provide in order for the application to meet the requirements and the below are not really needed for the application to be succssful?
  • Marriage certificates (Original & Translated)
    Title deeds
    Council tax letters
    Childrens birth certificates (British citizens)
We've not yet hit submit but will be doing so tomorrow - do the documents have to be uploaded immediately?

Thanks
Marriage certificate will still be required. Also the B1 English language test.