ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*Urgent thoughts needed*- UK NARIC for Tier 2 Gen English knowledge requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vandee
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

*Urgent thoughts needed*- UK NARIC for Tier 2 Gen English knowledge requirement

Post by vandee » Mon May 18, 2020 10:40 am

Hey guys! :)

Hope you all are doing safe out there! I am applying for Tier 2 Gen Visa and for English knowledge requirements I am going for UK NARIC certificates.

As per my legal and Immigration team, I need to be ready with English lang assessment certificate and Statement of comparability for UK NARIC. I have already applied and received the documents for the above 2 services. However, when i reviewed the list of documents needed for Tier-2 Gen in UK Gov website: https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/docum ... st-provide , I have the below queries:

1. As per official Gov site, the Tier 2 Gen Visa documents checklist - UK NARIC reference link directs us to Visa and Nationality service . The sample report in that page shows that this service provides confirmation on english lang AND qualification in one single report. Having said that, what is the difference between Visa and Nationality service and English assessment/Statement of comparability services? :roll:

2. As nowhere it is clearly called out on which service i need to go for in the official UK Gov site for Tier-2 Gen, if i submit the above 2 certificates, will that meet the requirement? Anyone who had submitted these and was successful?

3. Due to Covid-19, UK NARIC is just sharing a PDF of the assessments. Would the photocopy of these suffice for Visa purpose or should i submit the original hard copy that they would be sending later?

professor_nairobi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: *Urgent thoughts needed*- UK NARIC for Tier 2 Gen English knowledge requirement

Post by professor_nairobi » Thu May 28, 2020 9:42 pm

1. Visas and Nationality service sends you both of them and that's what you.
2. Yes. thats enough,
3. PDF is more than enough. Just take a good clear photocopy (probably color one). When you provide biometrics in VFS center, they will scan it and return you back the hard copy again. So it should be fine.

vandee
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: *Urgent thoughts needed*- UK NARIC for Tier 2 Gen English knowledge requirement

Post by vandee » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:19 am

Hey thanks a lot! And like you said, my legal team confirmed that these 2 are enough and the photocopies would do apparently :)

Thanks for responding on the query!