ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by CR001 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:14 pm

Tiktok wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:55 pm
Bunny47 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:02 am
Just received my settled status today after 14 months.

Application submitted on 30-03-2019 without eu partners id and proof ov residence. I've only attached 2x ov her p60s and asked to perform automated NIN checks.

COA received 8-04-2019.
Settled status email dated 26-05-2020.

Hi mate can u tell me pls about ur immigration history I need some information as I'm in same boat thank u
Why not simply search the users posts for the information instead of asking members to post details over again!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:26 pm

khannn99 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:50 pm
Alijee786 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:14 pm
khannn99 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:16 pm
Do i have to send my passport by post to prove identity or i can use the book appointment to scan in person. ? Anyone plz help . Im very confused.. my wife is a polish citizen and she already have applied for pre settled status. We are married in Pokand and have a original polish marriage certificate. I applied on the EEA FM route 2 years ago and gor refused. I currently have no valid visa.
I have a eu fm residence card issued in ireland. But now i live in the UK with my wife
If the card is readable by nfc i dont think u need to send it as they will already have all ur records including biomatrics. Also avoid sending any documents by post as there is a chance that they might get stuck or possibly lost in the pile which is already building. Upto u guys what u think is best for u. Mine is just an opinion.

What is NFC? And I don't have any residence card from UK...And yes im trying to avoid sending passport as it gets stuck.. i have been told that even if u click the option proof identity by post , they still don't ask for passport instead they tell u to book appointment for biometrics and ur id gets scanned there in person .. not sure if anyone can guide plz

I had the same problem and i went for scanning and biomatrics

Bunny47
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bunny47 » Wed May 27, 2020 1:02 am

Tiktok wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:55 pm
Bunny47 wrote:

Application submitted on 30-03-2019 without eu partners id and proof ov residence. I've only attached 2x ov her p60s and asked to perform automated NIN checks.

COA received 8-04-2019.

Hi mate can u tell me pls about ur immigration history I need some information as I'm in same boat thank u

Hey, I got married to EEA citizen in 2011,Came to UK back in 2013 on EEA family permit and was issued residence card (EEA2).

Separated in 2015 and never applied for divorce neither ROR.

Applied through settlement scheme couple ov weeks before the expiry of my residence card.

khannn99
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by khannn99 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:14 am

I had the same problem and i went for scanning and biomatrics
[/quote]

Did you get yours yet? WhEn did u apply ?

khannn99
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by khannn99 » Wed May 27, 2020 11:12 am

Hi anyone
The maximum 10 files that u can upload for evidence of residence in the uk, i just wanted to know if a bank statement says for example 26 june to 26 july. Does that count as one month or it counts as two?

AlexBTS
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by AlexBTS » Wed May 27, 2020 12:12 pm

khannn99 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:12 am
Hi anyone
The maximum 10 files that u can upload for evidence of residence in the uk, i just wanted to know if a bank statement says for example 26 june to 26 july. Does that count as one month or it counts as two?
I combined 12 monthly statements in one pdf. Uploaded 5 files covering 5 years this way.

khannn99
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by khannn99 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:44 pm

But it says on UKGOV website that the file shouldn't be more than 6 MB.. and i guess 12 files in one pdf is more than 6MB.. what if i make 4 statements each in a photo collage?

Imemyself121
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Imemyself121 » Wed May 27, 2020 6:28 pm

Hi there i just moved to uk from Ireland i am an irish passport holder got pre settle status already. now i want to apply my spouse (NON EU/EEA) BRP while living in uk. i heard i can do it online but unable to find any link. and what sort of documents i need for it. can you please help me out in it. thanks.

khannn99
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by khannn99 » Wed May 27, 2020 6:34 pm

I guess if u r an irish citizen, you and ur spouse don't need to apply . But u can apply through this link if u want
https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... 29e8e12713

Imemyself121
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Imemyself121 » Wed May 27, 2020 6:42 pm

khannn99 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:34 pm
I guess if u r an irish citizen, you and ur spouse don't need to apply . But u can apply through this link if u want
https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... 29e8e12713
thanks for your reply. i know i dont need to apply but my wife is non eu and currently she has a standard uk tourist visa . i want to change her visa.

AlexBTS
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by AlexBTS » Wed May 27, 2020 7:02 pm

khannn99 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:44 pm
But it says on UKGOV website that the file shouldn't be more than 6 MB.. and i guess 12 files in one pdf is more than 6MB.. what if i make 4 statements each in a photo collage?
Just checked, 50 pages file is slightly smaller than 1MB. I think that depends on how big your statements are.
5 files I submitted are smaller than 6MB in total.

Joadmi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Joadmi » Wed May 27, 2020 7:41 pm

Imemyself121 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:28 pm
Hi there i just moved to uk from Ireland i am an irish passport holder got pre settle status already. now i want to apply my spouse (NON EU/EEA) BRP while living in uk. i heard i can do it online but unable to find any link. and what sort of documents i need for it. can you please help me out in it. thanks.
Hello,

You'll need a relevant document such as:

a family permit
a residence card

or

You’ll need to provide proof of your relationship to your EU, EEA or Swiss citizen family member - for example, a birth, marriage or civil partnership certificate, or a residence card. You can scan and submit this through the online application form.

Along with:
Proof of your residence in the UK
Valid passport

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... d-to-apply

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/eu-settleme ... -residence

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... nformation

khbilal
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by khbilal » Thu May 28, 2020 2:04 pm

Hi
My timeline is as follows

Applied together with sponsor(extended family member): 11 March
COA of sponsor: 15 March
Biometrics of mine: 16 March
COA of mine: 12 May
Decision Of sponsor: 22 May settled status
Decision of mine: pending

Any idea how long will it take for my decision. Thanks

DanielD1980
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by DanielD1980 » Thu May 28, 2020 5:20 pm

And here we are, 6 months this week since I finalised my biometrics on 25 November.

I have had to upload more information way back in March, but after that, not a word.

I rang the line around two weeks ago and the lady wasn't too helpful when I asked to have it escalated. At that point she said people were just coming back into the office.

So I sent another email on Friday 22 May asking for my case to be expedited because there's really no reason they should have had to wait this long.

I only got my form reply yesterday, but who knows how long it will be until they give a proper response to that one.

Yep, there's the coronavirus pandemic, but there are other applications being approved during the past few weeks that were submitted well after mine was made.

xoxoxo4325
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by xoxoxo4325 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:23 am

DanielD1980 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 5:20 pm
And here we are, 6 months this week since I finalised my biometrics on 25 November.

I have had to upload more information way back in March, but after that, not a word.

I rang the line around two weeks ago and the lady wasn't too helpful when I asked to have it escalated. At that point she said people were just coming back into the office.

So I sent another email on Friday 22 May asking for my case to be expedited because there's really no reason they should have had to wait this long.

I only got my form reply yesterday, but who knows how long it will be until they give a proper response to that one.

Yep, there's the coronavirus pandemic, but there are other applications being approved during the past few weeks that were submitted well after mine was made.
I am sorry to hear that. I submitted my biometric details in end of Jan and received the decision in mid May. What I think helped my case was I sent complaint to Home Office mid April-ish. Here's the link https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
I supported my case by stating the information said in the website https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications and the reasonings such as my circumstances, evidences etc that should make the decision quick. I applied to the EU Sett Scheme with UK fiancee visa route, and since my relationship was relied on in my fiancee visa route, there shouldn't be any delays for example.
Received a reply end of April. They did not uphold my complain, however they said they contacted the case workers and was told "The caseworking team have advised that a decision is due on your application imminently".
Got the decision around 2 weeks later lol. Not that imminent.
You should give a try.
Good luck

murmurka
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by murmurka » Fri May 29, 2020 12:26 pm

xoxoxo4325 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:23 am
DanielD1980 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 5:20 pm

I am sorry to hear that. I submitted my biometric details in end of Jan and received the decision in mid May. What I think helped my case was I sent complaint to Home Office mid April-ish. Here's the link https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
I supported my case by stating the information said in the website https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications and the reasonings such as my circumstances, evidences etc that should make the decision quick. I applied to the EU Sett Scheme with UK fiancee visa route, and since my relationship was relied on in my fiancee visa route, there shouldn't be any delays for example.
Received a reply end of April. They did not uphold my complain, however they said they contacted the case workers and was told "The caseworking team have advised that a decision is due on your application imminently".
Got the decision around 2 weeks later lol. Not that imminent.
You should give a try.
Good luck
Hi xoxoxo4325,

Could you please share the text of your complaint? Ive done my biometrics on 20 Jan, received CoA on 5 March, contacted MP two weeks ago (they haven't received any reply from the HO so far), the best advise the supervisor gave me over the phone yesterday was 'to wait and not to call them anymore'. I'm frustrated.

Joadmi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Joadmi » Fri May 29, 2020 6:17 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible for an applicant, to leave the UK for brief but necessary travel, before receiving the BRP, if having a valid 6-months EU Family Permit (pre-settled application)?

khannn99
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by khannn99 » Sat May 30, 2020 7:33 am

I have been in the UK For 9 years. my spouse has been living in the UK for 2 years. i email the eu settlement scheme if I could apply for settled status as i have proofs of residence for more than 5 years and i got the response saying
" my wife is eligible for pre-settled status
So I cannot get a status superior to her. That means if she is getting pre settled. I cant get settled . I can only get pre-settled
My question is that the UKgov website where we apply doesn't say anything as such .. it only says that years of continuous residence is required.
So i m not sure which one is right

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2020 8:23 am

khannn99 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 7:33 am
I have been in the UK For 9 years. my spouse has been living in the UK for 2 years. i email the eu settlement scheme if I could apply for settled status as i have proofs of residence for more than 5 years and i got the response saying
" my wife is eligible for pre-settled status
So I cannot get a status superior to her. That means if she is getting pre settled. I cant get settled . I can only get pre-settled
My question is that the UKgov website where we apply doesn't say anything as such .. it only says that years of continuous residence is required.
So i m not sure which one is right
For settled status you need 5 years of living in the UK with your EU spouse for the whole 5 years.

The time you lived in the UK before your spouse came here is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PRISCYOBI
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by PRISCYOBI » Sun May 31, 2020 2:16 pm

Bunny47 wrote:

COA received 8-04-2019.
Wow! Best news av heard in awhile. Massive congratulations to you. I celebrate with you🍾🥂Hope we get to hear this good news soon as av been waiting for long as well.

Jia2020
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jia2020 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:46 am

It has been almost 5 months and I'm still waiting for my CoA.

I have submitted my application on 14-01-2020
Biometric at postoffice after I received the letter on 21-04-2020.

Since then there has no update and I haven't received my CoA yet, called and email the application centre countless time but always generic response ( don't think the people who response the enquiry could push the application) Btw does anyone do your Biometric via post office? cause I looked through the posts here, everyone seems did biometric via UKVCAS.

Richie85
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Richie85 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:05 pm

Jia2020 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:46 am
It has been almost 5 months and I'm still waiting for my CoA.

I have submitted my application on 14-01-2020
Biometric at postoffice after I received the letter on 21-04-2020.

Since then there has no update and I haven't received my CoA yet, called and email the application centre countless time but always generic response ( don't think the people who response the enquiry could push the application) Btw does anyone do your Biometric via post office? cause I looked through the posts here, everyone seems did biometric via UKVCAS.
Hi,

I have done my biometrics at the post office. Inside the post office they had this big photo centre where you take your photo and fingerprints. I have received my COA in March and I'm still waiting for a decision. My pre settled application is a paper application so they have told me that it will take longer and my FP visa expires in a month. I know I can stay with my COA until a decision comes in place but it just sucks that we're living in uncertainty of our immigration status, however it is understandable because of the backlog due to Covid too.

Nasara1
United Kingdom

Post by Nasara1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:34 pm

Thiva wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:47 am
Thiva wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:03 pm
I'm a non-eu. Applied for settled status under Retained rights..

Application submitted 18.10.2019
Biometric given 09.11.2019
COA received 10.11.2019
Decision Pending..
I have received the decision today. Granted Settled status. it took literary 7 months. Thank you very much everyone for sharing your experience with me. it helped me a lot to go forward. I would like to say to you, if you are still waiting, please be patient.. you all will get your decisions soon. it's just a matter of time. it will take what it takes. I really appreciate the support you guys have given me from the beginning. Thanks again. Good luck everyone !
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:46 am

dimiku wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:33 pm
MyRights wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:23 pm
Obie wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:56 pm
dimiku wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:36 am

Yes it is unfair they have kept me waiting for so long.
They said that it is likely that I am not entitled to settle status since I am separated from EU partner and do not have a leave under that route.
They suggested this Chen route since I have EU kids .
This is how I understand it !!!
You may still qualify under Chen or Ibrahim, but you may need to provide evidence from the mother of your contribution in the life of the child.
dimiku sorry to hear your trouble. I thinks its a good thing you now know what to do rather than keep you waiting with no word. Many of us have been waiting with no word all we hear is everything is okey keep your eyes on your email.

Were you ever married to your partner?
No
Never married just in durable relationship.
hi all
Just to update you all that I was refused for my online application. I had replied 24/04/2019 and got the refusal 30/03/2020, so they kept me waiting for nearly 1 year!!!
The reason was that I could not rely on a previous relationship to EU family member (ex-partner) since this relationship is not ongoing now.
I still have a paper application for EU SS that they are processing, it is nearly 6 months and no decision yet.
So yes a very long waiting game and it is really affecting me mentally, but sometimes life is like that!!!

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:49 am

PRISCYOBI wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 2:16 pm
Bunny47 wrote:

COA received 8-04-2019.
Wow! Best news av heard in awhile. Massive congratulations to you. I celebrate with you🍾🥂Hope we get to hear this good news soon as av been waiting for long as well.

Congratulations