ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application for child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Phenmeson
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Citizenship for kids

Post by Phenmeson » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:07 pm

Good evening. My wife is EU citizen. She arrived in UK October 2013. She applied for her Permanent residence January and it was granted to her in March. I want to apply for British citizenship /passport for the kids whose ages are 0 & 2yrs. Am not British. Just want to know how much it will cost me. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship for kids

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:17 pm

Are the children UK born?

Did she apply for PR or the new settled status scheme?

What date did her letter from HO say she attained PR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Phenmeson
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Phenmeson » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Permanent Residence issued first week in March. Kids got UK birth certificate

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:13 pm

Please read my questions again.

I' did not ask when or was granted. I asked what the HO letter said as PR date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Phenmeson
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Phenmeson » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:57 pm

It says based on the information you provided with your application, the date on which you are deemed to have acquired permanent residence is 05/03/2019. If you wish to apply for British citizenship, and you are not the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen, you must have held permanent residence status in the UK for at least 12months when you apply. The above date will help you to decide when you will be eligible to apply. Any children born to you in the UK on or after this date may have an automatic entitlement to British citizenship

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:10 pm

Form MN1 for kids if both born before she got PR.

Costs £1012 each.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Phenmeson
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Phenmeson » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:57 pm

Thanks for info.
Do you know if she can have an exemption because if my partner 5yrs residence in UK was October 2018. I thought legally, she is qualified for her Permanent residence after her 5yrs in UK 🇬🇧. If the little child given birth to on January.

Phenmeson
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Citizenship for kids

Post by Phenmeson » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Good evening all.
Just want to know the following information
1) can I use same form to register my 2kids whose ages are less than 3yrs.
2) how much is it to register a child for BC
N. B my wife had her PR issued in March but she qualified for it since October 2018. Regretting my decision of her not applying on time because our youngest daughter who is 2months now would have qualified automatically by birth if her MUM PR was issued before January 2019.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:25 pm

Topics Merged!!! (click to read forum rule) and please do NOT post questions in the TIMELINE ONLY topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Phenmeson
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Passport application

Post by Phenmeson » Thu May 28, 2020 9:17 pm

Good evening all. Just need your advice. Am applying for my kid British passport through the mum. After spending 5yrs in UK as EU citizen, we failed to make her PR application on time bcos we don't consider it necessary. We submitted the kid passport form, documents where requested by Passport Office to proof that she was exercising Treaty rights as EU national bcos the child was born 2months after granted Permanent Residency.. Whenever she provide one, they request another.5yrs HMRC tax history was provided, P60, proof of Benefits claimed/not claimed and other documents . Now they are requesting proof of sufficient funds, Evidence of comprehensive medical insurance, Valid European Health insurance card (EHIC). We can both register the child for British citizenship to reduce the stress but the cost of £1012 is too high when she can easily get the Passport for less than £50. Thanks all

Phenmeson
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Passport application for child

Post by Phenmeson » Sun May 31, 2020 9:16 pm

Evening all. Am family member of EEA citizen
My EU partner arrived UK 2013.she was employed 3months after. She was due for PR/Settled status 2018(5yrs continous residence in UK). She gave birth Jan 2019,she applied for Settlement status sae month but was granted in March. She applied for British citizenship for the child based on EU treaty rights, all documents sent but application is pending due to CSI/Valid EHIC. Any best suggestion because Naturalization will cost £1012 for the child compared to £49 paid. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General discussion on CSI and Settled Status. Big issues for people on the EEA-Applications Routes

Post by CR001 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:21 pm

Please do not post your child.passport questions in the other general CSI topic about naturalisation. It is not relevant there.

Topics merged again!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport application for child

Post by CR001 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:31 pm

Phenmeson wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:16 pm
Evening all. Am family member of EEA citizen
My EU partner arrived UK 2013.she was employed 3months after. She was due for PR/Settled status 2018(5yrs continous residence in UK). She gave birth Jan 2019,she applied for Settlement status sae month but was granted in March. She applied for British citizenship for the child based on EU treaty rights, all documents sent but application is pending due to CSI/Valid EHIC. Any best suggestion because Naturalization will cost £1012 for the child compared to £49 paid. Thanks
Important to note that PR attained under the EU treaty rights regulations is not the same as Settled Status.

PR requires 5 years of being a qualified person exercising treaty rights. It is not based on simply being resident in a country.

Settled status is based on residence and not on exercising treaty rights and is granted under Appendix EU of the UK Immigration Rules. So if she has only settled status based on 5 years residence, HMPO is well within their rights to ask for evidence of exercising treaty rights to determine at what point she MIGHT have attained PR to see if the child is automatically British or not.

It is not up to you to choose which option to apply for. A passport can only be applied for if the child is automatically British. If the child is not deemed to be automatically British, you have no other option but to pay to register the child as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)