ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP - 2nd Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sam550
United Kingdom

FLR FP - 2nd Visa Extension

Post by sam550 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:13 am

Hello Everyone,

Hope someone can help with my enquiry.

I was granted my limited leave to remain FLR FP Partner category with 10 year route in Jan 2015 up until June 2017 so I applied for extension which was granted in December 2017 until June 2020, so looking at those dates I have near enough already completed 5 and half year. My extension is due in 2 months time but can I apply rite now instead of waiting last 28 day period, would that be a problem ??

FLR FP Partner 10 Year route
Visa Granted - Jan 2015 - June 2017
1st Ext: Dec 2017 - Jun 2020

Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR FP - 2nd Visa Extension

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:17 am

sam550 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:13 am
Hello Everyone,

Hope someone can help with my enquiry.

I was granted my limited leave to remain FLR FP Partner category with 10 year route in Jan 2015 up until June 2017 so I applied for extension which was granted in December 2017 until June 2020, so looking at those dates I have near enough already completed 5 and half year. My extension is due in 2 months time but can I apply rite now instead of waiting last 28 day period, would that be a problem ??

FLR FP Partner 10 Year route
Visa Granted - Jan 2015 - June 2017
1st Ext: Dec 2017 - Jun 2020

Thanks in advance
Yes you can apply now but other than submitting the online application you wouldn't be able to do anything afterward until the lockdown will be lifted.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:24 am

Thank you for your prompt response.

How unfortunate, so I wont even get to take Biometrics until the lockdown is lifted ??

My file is completed already with relevant paper work just need to submit, I assume its same as last extension and nothing has changed since then except its all online now.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:39 am

sam550 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:24 am
Thank you for your prompt response.

How unfortunate, so I wont even get to take Biometrics until the lockdown is lifted ??

My file is completed already with relevant paper work just need to submit, I assume its same as last extension and nothing has changed since then except its all online now.

Thanks
Biometrics won't be possible to enrol at the moment but your file (supporting documents) need to be up to date until the day you submitting the application instead biometrics. You won't have to recollect them again after submitting the application
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:32 am

Thanks Seagul

Sorry if I sound bit daft here but do you mean that all the documents needs to be up to date like latest Bank statements, latest Mortgage statement, latest Payslips, latest employee letter etc.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:41 am

sam550 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:32 am
Thanks Seagul

Sorry if I sound bit daft here but do you mean that all the documents needs to be up to date like latest Bank statements, latest Mortgage statement, latest Payslips, latest employee letter etc.

Thanks
Up-to-date means shouldn't be older than 28 days when submitting the application.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:52 pm

Thank you for your help - much appreciated.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:55 am

Sorry to bother you guys again :)

We had our Islamic marriage ( Nikkah ) in 2010 but we recently got done our registers few months ago, so should I mention both and what date I chose the Islamic Nikkah or marriage registry on application ?
Also shall I explain that on cover letter as well so ECO won’t get confused ?

Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri May 22, 2020 4:34 am

sam550 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:55 am
Sorry to bother you guys again :)

We had our Islamic marriage ( Nikkah ) in 2010 but we recently got done our registers few months ago, so should I mention both and what date I chose the Islamic Nikkah or marriage registry on application ?
Also shall I explain that on cover letter as well so ECO won’t get confused ?

Regards
Preferably don't address about Islamic marriage assuming it was performed in UK and wasn't disclosed in previous applications to keep the case fairly intelligible. Regarding UK marriage you don't need to reverberate through any letter as you will have to provide its detail in application form along with the scanned copy of marriage certificate

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Tue May 26, 2020 12:10 pm

Hi Seagul

Really appreciate your prompt reply, actually I have checked the last application form we did for my extension and I can see on Point:

Question 7.14: When where did you marry
Answer: Islamic Marriage on XX XX XXXX

Question 7.15: What type of ceremony was your wedding
Answer: Islamic

But 6 months ago we had our registry, shall I mention All the details in empty box and cover letter ?

Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue May 26, 2020 3:16 pm

sam550 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:10 pm
Hi Seagul

Really appreciate your prompt reply, actually I have checked the last application form we did for my extension and I can see on Point:

Question 7.14: When where did you marry
Answer: Islamic Marriage on XX XX XXXX

Question 7.15: What type of ceremony was your wedding
Answer: Islamic

But 6 months ago we had our registry, shall I mention All the details in empty box and cover letter ?

Regards
If you had provided such answer previously then if the space on the application form gets widened, then provide the details about your marriage at UK registry office too in similar way.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:03 pm

Hi Seagul

Appreciate your quick response and your help with some niggly bits, I know I may have covered everything but just need to go through with couple of things and documents check list as I hope I haven't missed anything.

There is a question on the list regarding English language - am I right in thinking FLR FP have no effect what so ever with finance and English language ? Also house we live in is owned by my wife and we pay collective mortgage from our joint account so she still need to write that on a cover letter explaining it ?

Attached Documents
Personal Bank statement Myself and Wife - scattered over last 30 months
Joint Bank Statement - scattered over last 30 months
Joint Phone, Mobile, Broadband bills - scattered over last 30 months
Joint Electricity, Gas bills - scattered over last 30 months
Joint Council tax bill - scattered over last 30 months
joint Water bill - scattered over last 30 months
Credit Card statements - scattered over last 30 months
Mortgage annual statements. - scattered over last 30 months
HMRC letters - scattered over last 30 months
Pension letters - scattered over last 30 months
Nikkah Certificate 2010
Marriage Certificate 2020
Joint Holiday receipts - scattered over last 30 months
Payslips for both of us - Last 6 Months
Letter addressed to UKVI from both of our workplace
Reference letter from my manager.
And few family pictures together.

I hope I haven't missed anything

Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed May 27, 2020 5:12 pm

sam550 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:03 pm
Hi Seagul
There is a question on the list regarding English language - am I right in thinking FLR FP have no effect what so ever with finance and English language ?
In my view there is no financial & English language requirement for flrfp application but still I don't know why the application still asks its fulfillment, perhaps its a vexed error.
sam550 wrote:
Also house we live in is owned by my wife and we pay collective mortgage from our joint account so she still need to write that on a cover letter explaining it ?
Just attach title deeds and mortgage statement, council tax. Nothing else
sam550 wrote:
Attached Documents
Personal Bank statement Myself and Wife - scattered over last 30 months
Joint Bank Statement - scattered over last 30 months
Joint Phone, Mobile, Broadband bills - scattered over last 30 months
Joint Electricity, Gas bills - scattered over last 30 months
Joint Council tax bill - scattered over last 30 months
joint Water bill - scattered over last 30 months
Credit Card statements - scattered over last 30 months
Mortgage annual statements. - scattered over last 30 months
HMRC letters - scattered over last 30 months
Pension letters - scattered over last 30 months
Nikkah Certificate 2010
Marriage Certificate 2020
Joint Holiday receipts - scattered over last 30 months
Payslips for both of us - Last 6 Months
Letter addressed to UKVI from both of our workplace
Reference letter from my manager.
And few family pictures together.

I hope I haven't missed anything

Regards
Try to narrow down the evidences from 30 months to 24 months as excessive data might make the things amorphous. Also don't attach pictures.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Sun May 31, 2020 10:40 pm

Hi

I have my second extension now and filling online form but confused with this question I hope someone can help answering it:

Q - Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?

I have put Answer as YES - as this is my second extansion.

Regards

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:41 pm

You write no, as it is not the first time you have applied.

Also, be prepared for awkward questions that go in loops. Carefully just review all answers dear.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:14 pm

Hi Bathanza

Thank you so much for you help, this form is really tough and doesn't make sense - When I was just about to pay my Health Surcharge I realised it says on Visa Type as FLR M, even though I have chosen the right form, I was awarded visa on the basis of FLR FP Ten Year partner route.
So what do I chose from the option below:

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:14 pm

On what basis did you apply for your current visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission? (Required)
You can find out this information on the document which shows you are allowed to be in the UK

As the partner of a British citizen, settled person or a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK

As the child of a British citizen, settled person or a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK

As the parent of a British citizen or settled child who is under 18, or who was under 18 when you were initially granted leave in this category and was not living an independent life

As an adult coming to the UK to be cared for by a relative who is a British citizen, settled person or a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK

Private life in the UK

Leave outside the Immigration Rules, including on the basis of compelling or compassionate circumstances or an Article 8 claim

Medical grounds or ill health

Discretionary leave

None of the above, or I'm not sure

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:30 pm

If you're on 10 year partner route then it would be this

As the partner of a British citizen, settled person or a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK

The FLR M is so confusing too as well as Partner route. I wish it would be clearer BUT I believe 10 year partner route is given on FLR M if any of the requirements are not met, mainly the English and Financial requirements.

A cover letter would be good to submit to clarify your circumstances and application you're applying.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:37 pm

Yes that is what I have done but when I go to pay IHS I could see it says Visa Type FLR M. This is very confusing.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:59 pm

I think I have to chose this option for FLR FP visa extension ?

Leave outside the Immigration Rules, including on the basis of compelling or compassionate circumstances or an Article 8 claim

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:36 am

Just to give little bit more information.

I spent nearly 6 hours yesterday trying to fix the issue I was having when I was applying for my extension, everything was going smoothly got 2nd FLR FP extension but everytime I was going to pay for IHS it was changing the visa type from FLR FP to FLR M. I have tried different options from private life, British Citizen partner but was getting nowhere. So had a chat with Home office this morning and he put me on hold while check with his manager apparently it is a known issue, as the online system was designed for FLR M applications at first and now they have added option for FLR FP but IHS is not changed yet so it only shows one visa type and also that is the reason we still have to enter English Language and financial information.

*Can anyone please confirm if that is the case. have they faced the same issue when they were paying for IHS ?

I only have couple of days left so appreciate any response

Regards