ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DanielD1980
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by DanielD1980 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:02 am

FINALLY!

Got a phone call just now from the Home Office (which I requested) and the caseworker was actually quite kind and apologetic that it has taken so long. She confirmed she'd reviewed all my documents and I've been granted settled status!

Really happy to have that all done.

So it took around 6 months with some back and forth, but it seems they will move if you push them enough and your case is valid.

Maaz4952
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Maaz4952 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:45 am

:lol: lucky are you
Congratulations....
I applied pre settle status .
Time line .
Applied 28th jan 2020
Bio . 29th jan 2020
CAO recived.
Waiting decion

docado
Scotland

Post by docado » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:15 pm

Maaz4952 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:45 am
:lol: lucky are you
Congratulations....
I applied pre settle status .
Time line .
Applied 28th jan 2020
Bio . 29th jan 2020
CAO recived.
Waiting decion
When did you get your COA ?

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:51 pm

DanielD1980 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:02 am
FINALLY!

Got a phone call just now from the Home Office (which I requested) and the caseworker was actually quite kind and apologetic that it has taken so long. She confirmed she'd reviewed all my documents and I've been granted settled status!

So it took around 6 months with some back and forth, but it seems they will move if you push them enough and your case is valid.
Congrts
Same time line but still waiting decision

John500
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by John500 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:15 pm

Hello ,

I applied in early november for an EEA family permit for my spouse , i was not contacted by email or phone or anything for 5 months, after many phone calls and emails sent i was finally told that a decision had been made in november 2 weeks after we applied. My spouse went to the application centre which said they had to request everything from the british embassy in the area, after a week of waiting the embassy and visa centre shut down because or Covid-19,

We are really distressed with the whole experience

My question is

6 months has now passed since the decision was made so does this mean the visa is expired ? Or will it be valid from the day we collect it ? The visa centre does not have our passport so does this mean they will put a visa on the passport when we go there which is valid from thay day , or will it be an expired visa from november ?

Thank you for any answers i look forward to hearing from somebody

Maaz4952
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Maaz4952 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:58 pm

I got CAO 24th march
When they consider application from which date ?

Saa123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Saa123 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:47 pm

FINALLY!! Alhamedallah

I receive email today morning confirming settlement statues /divorce never had ROR

Time

Application 1/11/19
COA 6/11/19
Settle statues 2/6/20

I wish all the best for everyone here good luck guys

Saa123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Saa123 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:54 pm

Saa123 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:47 pm
FINALLY!! Alhamedallah

I receive email today morning confirming settlement statues /divorce never had ROR

Time

Application 1/11/19
COA 6/11/19
Settle statues 2/6/20

I wish all the best for everyone here good luck guys
I have spoken to supervisor last week on Tuesday and today Tuesday so I takes only week to answer

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:12 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:51 pm
DanielD1980 wrote:
FINALLY!

Congrts
Same time line but still waiting decision
Also if you can confirm That After confirmation are you able to check your euss status online . Does it change straightaway??? Or it takes few days etc??

roro_15
Newly Registered
India

Post by roro_15 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:31 pm

Anyone had their biometrics this week? It's mostly those who had their appointments from March/April postponed.

Bunny47
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bunny47 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:19 am

PRISCYOBI wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 2:16 pm
Bunny47 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:02 am
Just received my settled status today after 14 months.

Application submitted on 30-03-2019 without eu partners id and proof ov residence. I've only attached 2x ov her p60s and asked to perform automated NIN checks.

COA received 8-04-2019.
Settled status email dated 26-05-2020.
Wow! Best news av heard in awhile. Massive congratulations to you. I celebrate with you🍾🥂Hope we get to hear this good news soon as av been waiting for long as well.
Thanks pal. I hope you & everyone else get what you guys been waiting for.

Nasara1
United Kingdom

Post by Nasara1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:27 am

DanielD1980 wrote:
FINALLY!

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your new status..

khbilal
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by khbilal » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:03 pm

Hello members,
In my last post I requested If anyone have idea of timeline for applying together. My sponsor got his settled status on 22 May. We applied together on 11 March. I am non eu extended family member. Don’t have BRC previously. Should I expect my decision to be quicker as they consider applications together. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:11 pm

khbilal wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:03 pm
Hello members,
In my last post I requested If anyone have idea of timeline for applying together. My sponsor got his settled status on 22 May. We applied together on 11 March. I am non eu extended family member. Don’t have BRC previously. Should I expect my decision to be quicker as they consider applications together. Thanks
What is your relationship to the EU sponsor??

You don't appear to have any legal status in the UK, is this correct?
khbilal wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:38 am
Hi everyone,

I applied as an extended family member of EEA national in 2016. I got refused and couldn't get appeal right due to Sala. My second application got refusal in 2017.My 3rd application lost by home office as they sent it on wrong address refused due to payment which we come to know after several inquires to home office that it has been sent and we were unaware about this fact for months. Now home office just apologized and sent a letter that you can make a new passport. My solicitor told me that we can appeal about our first refusal because of new development. We appealed in first tier tribunal on Jan 2019 and court send us payment letter on end of feb. My question is that If court has asked about fee does it mean my appeal is accepted? If they have accepted how long will it take to get hearing date? Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Misfits
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Misfits » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:18 pm

Hi everyone!!!

I finally just received my settled status !!

After 11 long months!! Omg I’m over the moon 🤩🥳🥳

I’m non EU separated from my partner and could not provide my partner Unexpired ID .. I only had some payslips and NI for him and he would not corporate with me .

khbilal
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by khbilal » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:11 pm
khbilal wrote:
Hello members,

khbilal wrote:
Hi everyone,

I applied as an extended family member of EEA national in 2016. I got refused and couldn't get appeal right due to Sala. My second application got refusal in 2017.My 3rd application lost by home office as they sent it on wrong address refused due to payment which we come to know after several inquires to home office that it has been sent and we were unaware about this fact for months. Now home office just apologized and sent a letter that you can make a new passport. My solicitor told me that we can appeal about our first refusal because of new development. We appealed in first tier tribunal on Jan 2019 and court send us payment letter on end of feb. My question is that If court has asked about fee does it mean my appeal is accepted? If they have accepted how long will it take to get hearing date? Thanks
He is my bro in law. My appeal was processed and on hearing day there was no translater even though they had in their system that we need it. Judge apologised for their mistake and issued a new hearing date. That was a bad experience. To cut the long story short on next hearing my brother in law was unavailable. I convert it on papers but hearing went through without our presence . Judge dismissed the appeal without taking our arguments and in our absence . Their were many errors in decision. I requested for permission to appeal to UTT for which their is no answer yet.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:59 pm

khbilal wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:50 pm
CR001 wrote:
khbilal wrote:
Hello members,

khbilal wrote:
Hi everyone,

He is my bro in law. My appeal was processed and on hearing day there was no translater even though they had in their system that we need it. Judge apologised for their mistake and issued a new hearing date. That was a bad experience. To cut the long story short on next hearing my brother in law was unavailable. I convert it on papers but hearing went through without our presence . Judge dismissed the appeal without taking our arguments and in our absence . Their were many errors in decision. I requested for permission to appeal to UTT for which their is no answer yet.
So you don't have any legal status in the UK.

Why do you believe you qualify for Settled Status when you have not held a RC as an EFM for 5 years?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khbilal
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by khbilal » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:59 pm
khbilal wrote:
CR001 wrote:
khbilal wrote:
Hello members,

khbilal wrote:
Hi everyone,

Why do you believe you qualify for Settled Status when you have not held a RC as an EFM for 5 years?
As I have explained I am still in process of paper application. Due to pandemic I might not get court response soon. I applied for pre settled status.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:34 pm

khbilal wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:21 pm
CR001 wrote:
khbilal wrote:
CR001 wrote:

As I have explained I am still in process of paper application. Due to pandemic I might not get court response soon. I applied for pre settled status.
Having a pending appeal as an EFM under the EU regulations does not make your stay legal. If you have had a UK visa before and it expired, you are an overstayer since the date after it expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

khbilal
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by khbilal » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:34 pm
khbilal wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:21 pm
CR001 wrote:
khbilal wrote:

Having a pending appeal as an EFM under the EU regulations does not make your stay legal. If you have had a UK visa before and it expired, you are an overstayer since the date after it expired.
Thanks for your explanation. Let’s wait and see for their response. Regards

murmurka
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by murmurka » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:27 pm

Application: 16 Jan 2020
Biometrics: 20 Jan 2020
CoA: 5 Mar 2020
Contacted MP: 15 May 2020
Home Office replied to MP: 3 Jun 2020 (general reply stating they cannot provide timeframes for the decision etc)
Outcome: 4 Jun 2020

Called resolution centre on numerous occasions, spoke with the supervisor 3 or 4 times

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:11 pm

Misfits wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:18 pm
Hi everyone!!!

I’m non EU separated from my partner and could not provide my partner Unexpired ID .. I only had some payslips and NI for him and he would not corporate with me .
wow, congratulations.
Enjoy your new status and freedom

Jafri
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jafri » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:50 pm

Hi everyone,
I am non eu family member of eu we both applied for pre settlement in December 2019 as my wife received her pre settled status today 4 june 2020

Can anyone tell me how long it will take for my pre settlement status..?

I have got an EEA FM and it's already expired in April
Just would like to know how they will view my application and how long it will take
Thank you

Nasara1
United Kingdom

Post by Nasara1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:00 pm

murmurka wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:27 pm
Application: 16 Jan 2020
Biometrics: 20 Jan 2020
CoA: 5 Mar 2020
Contacted MP: 15 May 2020
Home Office replied to MP: 3 Jun 2020 (general reply stating they cannot provide timeframes for the decision etc)
Outcome: 4 Jun 2020

Called resolution centre on numerous occasions, spoke with the supervisor 3 or 4 times
Congrats!!!

Nasara1
United Kingdom

Post by Nasara1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:04 pm

Misfits wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:18 pm
Hi everyone!!!

A big congratulations!!!

Yours given as more hope.

I did apply about the same time as you.Still waiting.I hope mine and all those waiting for this long have theirs soon..