ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have I done everything (Fiancé Visa to FLR(M) during Covid)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Have I done everything (Fiancé Visa to FLR(M) during Covid)

Post by Izzy99 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:35 pm

Hi Guys

Hope everyone is doing well during the current pandemic. It’s been a while since I last posted on this website but with my Fiancé’s Visa expiring soon I thought it would be good to check if I’ve done everything we need to.

Background
My Wife (fiancé at the time) came to the UK in December on her Fiancé Visa which is set to expire this month.
We thankfully got married in January before Any of us new just how bad Covid 19 would become.

FLR(M) Application
Last month we filled in the application form for her first FLR(M) visa
Paid the Immigration Health Surcharge and then the application fee.
We now need to book an appointment to get her biometrics done and upload her documents.
When we created an account to book her appointment we were made aware (as expected) that the locations are currently closed and if you hadn’t made an appointment prior to suspension of service you can not currently make an appointment and they are prioritising appointments previously made at this stage when centres re open on 1 June.

Question
From the above I think we have done everything we can possibly do at this stage. We will regularly check the website to see if appointments are available but other than that I cant see anything more we can do.

My question is have we done everything we need to do, I am concerned as her Visa will expire shortly but I’m not sure if that matters as we already have an application in? Is that correct? The fact that we haven’t uploaded documents or made an appointment is not the factors in “Having made an application” is it?

Any help would be appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Have I done everything (Fiancé Visa to FLR(M) during Covid)

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:09 am

Izzy99 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:35 pm
? Is that correct? The fact that we haven’t uploaded documents or made an appointment is not the factors in “Having made an application” is it?

Any help would be appreciated.
You will be protected by section 3C as the application was made in timely. But you should keep checking your email including the spam folder because UKVI might contact you for supporting documents even without the ukvcas appointment.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Have I done everything (Fiancé Visa to FLR(M) during Covid)

Post by Izzy99 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:03 pm

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like we should just upload the supporting documents. Will take a look later this week.