ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shahno
United Kingdom

English Requirement for FLR (M) extension

Post by Shahno » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is safe and sound during this difficult time. I just have a quick question please. Can I sit the B1 SELT instead of the A2 SELT for my FLR (M) visa extension? For my previous application (October 2018) I sat the A1 and passed it. Is it possible to provide the B1 instead of the A2? Especially that I will qualify for my ILR Long Route in March 2022 so I thought may be I could use it as well when the time comes.

Thank you so much.

Shahno

Shahno
United Kingdom

Re: English Requirement for FLR (M) extension

Post by Shahno » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:25 pm

Can anyone help please?

mrshh
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by mrshh » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:57 am

Hi!
Yes you can provide B1 instead of A2, that’s what I did last year for my visa extension application last yr.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:16 am

Thank you very much for your help I really appreciate it 🙂

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi mrssh,

Can I ask a quick question please. When I'm filling the booking form, it asks "why are you taking this exam?" And the opttions are:
1-ilr/settlement/residency
2- nationality
3- other

Which one would you advice choosing?

Thanks very much for your help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:08 am

Shahno wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:22 pm
Hi mrssh,

Can I ask a quick question please. When I'm filling the booking form, it asks "why are you taking this exam?" And the opttions are:
1-ilr/settlement/residency
2- nationality
3- other

Which one would you advice choosing?

Thanks very much for your help.
Obviously #1 seems more relevant.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Spouse visa extension questions

Post by Shahno » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope all of you are doing well and staying safe in such difficult times 🙏🏻... I have a few questions regarding my spouse visa extension.

There are a few questions on the online application that are a bit confusing to me as last time when I switched from the tier 2 general to flr m I didi it on the paper application and those questions were not included..I would appreciate it if anyone has an input. Those are the questions:

1- "Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country? *They mean my home country*

Optionally, I will provide the following documents:Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult or impossible to integrate and establish a private life outside the UK"

Now, I don't understand what type of documents I need to submit? As far as I remember I didn't submit such evidence in my previous flr m application? Or shall I change my answer from Yes to No?

2- "Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK"- Again, what type of documents should I submit?

3- "Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary?" I answered No..is that alright?

Please explain why you and your partner cannot live together outside the UK

And this was the reason I gave: "We are settled in the United kingdom and we have intention to live here permanently. My daughter attends school here and my husband has his permanent job here." ... is this answer sufficient?

I would really appreciate your input to these questions as I feel the online application is a bit confusing than the old paper one.

Thank you so much 🙂

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension questions

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:09 pm

All above questions are self explanatory which should be answered truthfully based on individual circumstances. Also note, that there wont any pacific evidences be required in this regard except the pivotal ones which you will have to supply anyway.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:17 pm

Hi seagull,

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.

Answering truthfully is not an option, it's a must. What I meant is, does the same set of documents I submitted before would be sufficient or do I need to submit anything extra?

The reason for my confusion is that it was not mentioned in the old application. I guess they've made one application fits all for the family route whether it's flr m or flr fp and each applicant answers based on their circumistances.

Thank you. 🙂

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:28 pm

Shahno wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:17 pm
Hi seagull,

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.

Answering truthfully is not an option, it's a must. What I meant is, does the same set of documents I submitted before would be sufficient or do I need to submit anything extra?

The reason for my confusion is that it was not mentioned in the old application. I guess they've made one application fits all for the family route whether it's flr m or flr fp and each applicant answers based on their circumistances.

Thank you. 🙂
Precisely most of the contents of all online application forms are analogous but one should always be careful in picking the correct form. Anyway to keep it straightened whatever you had supplied previously would almost remain same now except the 2 years of cohabitation evidences and A2/B1 English test.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:36 pm

Thank yoh so much for your reply. It put my mind at ease. I thought there are new documents that I need to submit in addition to the normal ones.

Just one more question, when they ask about :

What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK? The answers available are:

- visit
- work
- study
- family
- EEA residence permit or card
- settlement
- other

On my visa permit it says Spouse/Partner leave to remain.. now does that fall under family, right?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:43 pm

Shahno wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:36 pm
Thank yoh so much for your reply. It put my mind at ease. I thought there are new documents that I need to submit in addition to the normal ones.

Just one more question, when they ask about :

What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK? The answers available are:

- visit
- work
- study
- family
- EEA residence permit or card
- settlement
- other

On my visa permit it says Spouse/Partner leave to remain.. now does that fall under family, right?
I will stick to settlement despite few folks have asserted to have been succeeded by even selecting family too.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:53 pm

Thank you so much Seagull for your reply, I really appreciate it 🙂

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:30 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of scanning and uploading my supporting documents for my FLR (M) extension. For my current passport, previous passport, my husband's passport and my daughter passport, Do I need to scan ALL the pages including the blank ones for all of them?

Also, do I need to scan my husband's previous passport?

Thank you very much.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:52 pm

Shahno wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:30 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of scanning and uploading my supporting documents for my FLR (M) extension. For my current passport, previous passport, my husband's passport and my daughter passport, Do I need to scan ALL the pages including the blank ones for all of them?

Also, do I need to scan my husband's previous passport?

Thank you very much.
There are mixed experiences but ideally all pages should be scanned even blank.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:56 pm

Thank you Seagul for your reply. Do I need actually to submit my husband's previous passport or his current one would be sufficient? He just got his British passport recently though.

Thank you so much!

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:08 pm

Also, I actually booked an UKVCAS enhanced service, I guess it's fine to scan the documents during my appointment since it's included in the price, right? as I'm finding it a bit challenging to adjust the sizes of some of the documents including the passports. Some of them are 8MB or more (even after following the guidance for scanning and uploading documents mentioned on the UKVCAS website).

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:17 pm

Shahno wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:56 pm
Thank you Seagul for your reply. Do I need actually to submit my husband's previous passport or his current one would be sufficient? He just got his British passport recently though.

Thank you so much!
Are you the applicant and your husband the sponsor?

If so, just the photo page of his British passport will suffice.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:20 pm

Shahno wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:08 pm
Also, I actually booked an UKVCAS enhanced service, I guess it's fine to scan the documents during my appointment since it's included in the price, right? as I'm finding it a bit challenging to adjust the sizes of some of the documents including the passports. Some of them are 8MB or more (even after following the guidance for scanning and uploading documents mentioned on the UKVCAS website).
Yes, you have the option of letting them scan and upload your docs.

Most applicants choose to self-upload to retain control.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:27 pm

Hi Korekt,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, I'm the applicant and my husband is the sponsor. I guess the same applies on my daughter's passport, right? She also has the British Passport.

Do I need to scan and upload evey page on my current and previous passports?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:58 pm

Shahno wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:27 pm
Hi Korekt,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, I'm the applicant and my husband is the sponsor. I guess the same applies on my daughter's passport, right? She also has the British Passport.
Yes, should be fine.
Do I need to scan and upload evey page on my current and previous passports?
What's your UK immigration history?

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:43 pm

- Came to the UK April 2012 - PSW Dependant
- From January 2013 to May 2015- PBS tier 2 general dependant
- From July 2015 to April 2018- PBS tier 2 general dependant (husband changed employer)
- From May 2018- October 2018- PBS tier 2 general dependant (extension)
- From October 2018 till now spouse visa FLR (M) as husband applied for ILR through the 10 years route.

These are rough dates, however I never overstayed/ broke any of my visas.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:24 pm

Shahno wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:56 pm

Thank you so much!
Simply attach his British passport

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:25 pm

Shahno wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:08 pm
Use black & white/grayscale composition or use old scanner.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:38 pm

I use already an old scanner and I scan in grayscale, but still facing this problem. As for my current and previous passports, do I still need to scan all the pages as well?