ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

John500
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EEA Family permit

Post by John500 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:02 pm

Hello ,

I applied in early november for an EEA family permit for my spouse , i was not contacted by email or phone or anything for 5 months, after many phone calls and emails sent i was finally told that a decision had been made in november 2 weeks after we applied. My spouse went to the application centre which said they had to request everything from the british embassy in the area, after a week of waiting the embassy and visa centre shut down because of Covid-19,

We are really distressed with the whole experience

My question is

6 months has now passed since the decision was made so does this mean the visa is expired assuming it was granted ? Or will it be valid from the day we collect it ? The visa centre does not have our passport so does this mean they will put a visa on the passport when we go there which is valid from thay day , or will it be an expired visa from november?

Thank you for any answers i look forward to hearing from somebody

worrieduk
United Kingdom

Re: EEA Family permit

Post by worrieduk » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:20 am

That's terrible that this has taken so long for you to hear something. :cry:

For my husband, the visa was valid from the date the decision was made which will probably be the November date for you.

We also kept his passport during his application as it was his only form of ID so when he went to collect the permit they stuck the permit in his passport and it was dated from the decision date. I don't know if yours will be different but I'm just explaining our experience. I hope it'll be different for you. :cry: