ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant Visa - Extension doubts

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pjjha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Dependant Visa - Extension doubts

Post by pjjha » Sat May 30, 2020 11:57 am

Hi All,

I am quite confused about my visa extension which is due before september. I came to UK via dependant visa of my husband(Tier 2 General) last year and the dependant visa & CoS was sponsored by my husband's employer.

After my arrival, my husband got ILR and switched his employment to UK based company (CoS not required).

The government guideline documents are recommending to extend dependant visa as like Main Applicant's Tier 2 visa is still valid. However they didn't mention anything related to change in main applicant's employment status(without Cos).

Unfortunately the visa extension application is mandatorily asking about CoS like is it less or more than 3 years (no option to add any comments) and whether employer are providing sponsorship or not(90 days maintenance bank statement can be provided).

Am I eligible to apply extension of dependant visa or do I need to change the visa type to family visa?

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pooja

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependant Visa - Extension doubts

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2020 12:39 pm

Did your husband get ilr based on 5 years tier 2 or based on10 years long residence?

You put the details of the last CoS your husband had. Your extension will only be for 3 years.

For IHS, you must put your husband's ilr bro expiry date as 3 years from the date of your application to get the correct IHS fee of £1200.

It is irrelevant if he works for another employer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pjjha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependant Visa - Extension doubts

Post by pjjha » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:20 pm

Thanks for clarifying my doubt.

My husband got ILR after completing 5+ years in Tier 2 General visa. I will submit application based on previous CoS and definitely will come back again for clarifying doubts.

Thanks Again.