ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help!! Mistake in Applications

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joycelo0404
Newly Registered

Help!! Mistake in Applications

Post by joycelo0404 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:38 pm

Hi everyone!

I have just submitted my unmarried-partner application online and I realised I have made a mistake:

For the question: "Have you been out of the UK since you started living here?'" I have answered "No"; which is not the correct answer since I have gone on holidays, back to my home country for new visas etc.

Should I :

a) cancel my application and requests a refund? (However, I have read that the Immigration Office don't refund applications made within the UK, is that true?)

or

b) Write in my cover letter I have made the mistake and include all my travel history ?

Thank you very much, guys! Please stay safe and healthy in this pandemic!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help!! Mistake in Applications

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:43 pm

b) Write in my cover letter I have made the mistake and include all my travel history ?
This one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sam550
United Kingdom

Re: Help!! Mistake in Applications

Post by sam550 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:53 pm

I think I have made a mistake in my application too, it’s so hard to be so precise with all those confusing questions - I spoke to UKVI on the phone and they said the same thing to write it down on cover letter.