ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Furloughed ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zaf1
Pakistan

Furloughed ?

Post by zaf1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:30 pm

Hello,
I applied for a citizenship (naturalization) in mid Feb 2020. I have not heard back from home office yet. I am not sure weather a decision has been made and they are waiting for posting due to pandemic or my application with a case worker undergoing checks or may not even touched yet.

My employer is now planning to furlough me for at-least 3 weeks in June. Do I need to update this information to home office? In the furlough scheme I would still remain on the payroll and would receive 90% of my pay after employer contribution?
Home office said somewhere that you need to tell us if your circumstances changes i.e change of address or you got a criminal conviction.
Employment not been the requirement for citizenship and technically I am still employed with the same employer? There was no mention of salary or anything else on the form. Although, I did attached the letter from employer to confirm employment which had my annual pay listed?

Do I need to update home office or it does not matter ?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Furloughed ?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:32 pm

Do I need to update this information to home office?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zaf1
Pakistan

Re: Furloughed ?

Post by zaf1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:38 pm

Ok, thanks!