ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Flickers
Mood:
United Kingdom

EEA Family Permit

Post by Flickers » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:02 pm

Hello guys, need some advice. Before becoming a British citizen I brought my daughter to the UK using the EES Family Permit route. She decided to go back to Africa as she was home sick. She has now grown a bit and decided to return. She was on EEA family permit for 6 months when she left and I didn't apply for residency card. My question is, my wife is still an EEA National and we are still living together. Can I still bring my daughter via the EEA Family Permit route?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EEA Family Permit

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:40 pm

Hello

I am wondering if this cannot fall under Lounes Case.

Lounes allows people like you who came to the UK as EEA nationals then acquired British citizenship to still retain their previous EEA rights when it comes to sponsoring family members.

How old is your daughter?

Flickers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Flickers » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:47 pm

15 years old

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:53 pm

Flickers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Flickers » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:56 pm

Thanks alot really appreciated.

Flickers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Flickers » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:40 pm
Hello

I am wondering if this cannot fall under Lounes Case.

Lounes allows people like you who came to the UK as EEA nationals then acquired British citizenship to still retain their previous EEA rights when it comes to sponsoring family members.

How old is your daughter?
Dunno if I'm wrong though. My wife does have her EU citizenship it was me who no own a British citizenship, as I'm a bit confused with the wording on the information you provided.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:04 pm

My understanding was:

- You came to the UK as an EEA Citizen (you hold a citizenship of an EU country)
- Then you naturalised British.
- You now hold a EU + a British citizenship

Is that right?

Flickers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Flickers » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:18 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:04 pm
My understanding was:

- You came to the UK as an EEA Citizen (you hold a citizenship of an EU country)
- Then you naturalised British.
- You now hold a EU + a British citizenship

Is that right?
Nope as a family member of an EEA National. My wife is an EEA national not me. I just had my citizen 7 months ago.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:25 pm

So forget all what I said earlier. I thought you were EEA then naturalised British.

Now, the cheapest option is for your wife to bring your daughter. The daughter of the husband is close family member so EEA FM applies.

Apply ASAP please and ensure your application is 100% correct and valid.

You can also apply under the EEA Settlement Scheme. I usually prefer EEA FM followed bu EUSS when in the UK but some people prefer to do only EUSS.

No mater which one you do, don't delay it.

Flickers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Flickers » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:34 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:25 pm
So forget all what I said earlier. I thought you were EEA then naturalised British.

Now, the cheapest option is for your wife to bring your daughter. The daughter of the husband is close family member so EEA FM applies.

Apply ASAP please and ensure your application is 100% correct and valid.

You can also apply under the EEA Settlement Scheme. I usually prefer EEA FM followed bu EU Settlement Scheme when in the UK but some people prefer to do only EU Settlement Scheme.

No mater which one you do, don't delay it.
Thank you. My daughter lived here before returning back to Africa. We looking at applying in September and any idea what is correct and valid. My wife just graduated as a nurse and starting a new job in July and I'm working as a nurse as well. Any heads up with what we need and any link to make sure we are applying using the correct form.