ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (LR) complex letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pt3
Newly Registered
Kenya

ILR Life in the UK test result query

Post by Pt3 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:45 pm

I understand you no longer receive a letter to say you’ve passed the Life in the UK test, but instead t receive a URN after the test. Can someone please put my mind to rest - I sat the test today and got an email with a URN asking me to log into my account to view results.

Under results it gives the URN then underneath that all that is written is PASS.

That means I have passed, right? I don’t need anything else, no certificate etc, just to quote the URN in my ILR pplication going forward?

Many thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Life in the UK test result query

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:20 am

Yes. The number is enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Pt3
Newly Registered
Kenya

ILR - LR query

Post by Pt3 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:53 pm

Hello,

Say if you’ve been in the UK 12 years, and now want to apply for ILR - LR (10 years). Is the 10 year period counted from the date you put in your application backwards? Or is it counted from the date you entered (2009) the UK 12 years ago, going forwards?

If it is counted from the day you entered, how is continuous residence worked out? Let’s say from 2009-2019 you’re over the 540 days, but in the extra two years (2021) there’s no travel at all, and counting backward from 2021- 2012 you meet the 540 days requirement? Does that work?
Or is it still counted from 2009-2019, regardless of whether you’re still in the uk after 2019?

Hope this makes sense - thanks in advance!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - LR query

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:40 am

Pt3 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:53 pm
Hello,

Say if you’ve been in the UK 12 years, and now want to apply for ILR - LR (10 years). Is the 10 year period counted from the date you put in your application backwards? Or is it counted from the date you entered (2009) the UK 12 years ago, going forwards?

If it is counted from the day you entered, how is continuous residence worked out? Let’s say from 2009-2019 you’re over the 540 days, but in the extra two years (2021) there’s no travel at all, and counting backward from 2021- 2012 you meet the 540 days requirement? Does that work?
Or is it still counted from 2009-2019, regardless of whether you’re still in the uk after 2019?

Hope this makes sense - thanks in advance!
It does not have to be calculated from the very first date of entry to the UK. It can be from ANY date you entered the UK in the past, then counting forwards 10 years. Find a date of entry and use that to calculate the 10 years.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Pt3
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Pt3 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:43 am

That’s great, thank you.

Pt3
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Pt3 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:37 am

Hi Zimba,

Sorry just going back to what you’ve said - and sorry if this is a silly question - the 10 year date counted backwards (e.g. counted back from today) cannot be a date you were outside the UK is that right? It has to be a date when you were in the UK, or a date when you entered the UK?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:59 am

Pt3 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:37 am
Hi Zimba,

Sorry just going back to what you’ve said - and sorry if this is a silly question - the 10 year date counted backwards (e.g. counted back from today) cannot be a date you were outside the UK is that right? It has to be a date when you were in the UK, or a date when you entered the UK?
Just do what I said to avoid any confusion. Find a date of entry and count forwards. If you had at least 10 years or more then you are ok

Pt3
Newly Registered
Kenya

SET(LR) APPLICATION

Post by Pt3 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:43 pm

Hi,

I first entered the UK in September 2009 on Tier 4.

For the following question “ When did you first enter the UK? (Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started“

Shall I put this date (Sept 2009), or date 10 years counting back from now? A little confused as it says “period of stay you are basing this application on” as this will then be a date in Sept 2010 that I’m using to count my days 540 days.

Many thanks in advance

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: SET(LR) APPLICATION

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:04 pm

Use the entry date the application is based on.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Pt3
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Pt3 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:04 pm

Will this be Sept 2009 then when I first entered with Tier 4, and have been in UK continuously since? My 10 year application period is however 2020-2010.
Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:14 pm

Sep 2010.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Pt3
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Pt3 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:33 am

Thanks. Just an additional question: where it asks on the form to provide a reason for absence, is it sufficient to put just a simple short remark such as ‘annual leave’ or ‘ university holiday’ for example. The box allows up to 500 characters, so I’m unsure if any further long detail is needed?

Many thanks again

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:37 am

Simply state like holiday, family visit etc. No long details needed.

Pt3
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Pt3 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:37 am

Perfect thanks

Pt3
Newly Registered
Kenya

ILR (LR) complex letter

Post by Pt3 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:09 pm

Hi,

I received a request for further documents as follows:

“We require scanned/photocopies of all pages from your passport of entry to date, which show entry and exit stamps into and from the UK. I also require sight of your visa of entry.”

When they say sight of visa of entry is it just the page with my first ever entry visa (this was a Tier 4 student visa, a vignette style visa on one of the passport pages)

Simply, I need to scan and send all pages of all passports used to enter the UK in the last 10 years, is that correct?

Many thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: ILR (LR) complex letter

Post by TODMATT » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:02 pm

Pt3 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:09 pm
Hi,

I received a request for further documents as follows:

“We require scanned/photocopies of all pages from your passport of entry to date, which show entry and exit stamps into and from the UK. I also require sight of your visa of entry.”

When they say sight of visa of entry is it just the page with my first ever entry visa (this was a Tier 4 student visa, a vignette style visa on one of the passport pages)

Simply, I need to scan and send all pages of all passports used to enter the UK in the last 10 years, is that correct?

Many thanks
It seems that's what the message above is saying.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Pt3
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Pt3 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:04 am

Further to my previous post, I sent a reply on 13/02. There was no confirmation of receipt which I gather is normal as no one else seems to have received one. I know the timeline is just an estimate, and each case is different, but from what I see recently people have got their decisions a day or two after replying, and I have not heard anything back yet. My initial application date was 24/09/20. I am becoming increasingly worried. More so because in the email it said if no reply is received within 10 days a decision will be based on the information they have (which I presume will be unsuccessful because they have no evidence of exit / entry stamps which they need) do you reckon it’s just a normal delay? Any cases where the email wasn’t received? The email appears in my sent inbox, I guess I am becoming a little paranoid now. I don’t think there’s any way to ask the HO about my application, or whether they have received my reply either?
Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:44 pm

Pt3 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:04 am
Further to my previous post, I sent a reply on 13/02. There was no confirmation of receipt which I gather is normal as no one else seems to have received one. I know the timeline is just an estimate, and each case is different, but from what I see recently people have got their decisions a day or two after replying, and I have not heard anything back yet. My initial application date was 24/09/20. I am becoming increasingly worried. More so because in the email it said if no reply is received within 10 days a decision will be based on the information they have (which I presume will be unsuccessful because they have no evidence of exit / entry stamps which they need) do you reckon it’s just a normal delay? Any cases where the email wasn’t received? The email appears in my sent inbox, I guess I am becoming a little paranoid now. I don’t think there’s any way to ask the HO about my application, or whether they have received my reply either?
Thanks
There is no correlation between your application timeline and the timeline of the others. Each application is decided on its own timeframe. Wait to hear abck