ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does UCoS take

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Blattes

Tier 2 Extension when?

Post by Blattes » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:46 pm

Hi all,
My tier 2 visa is expiring on 11th of July and I read that HO extended visas till 31st of July.

Does that mean I can apply just before 31st or do I have to do it 11th? Also for the COS is it going to be from 31st or 11th? Do you think it is worth to pay extra and get one day decision or is it not possible because of the current situation?

Also my SOC code is 3422 but since it is an extension I think I have to be minimum £30K (experienced rate atm is around 27K). Am I correct? Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Extension when?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:11 pm

Does that mean I can apply just before 31st or do I have to do it 11th?
You need to apply for an extension before your visa expires.

The 31st July date is for those people who are stuck in the UK with expiring or expired visas and cannot travel out of the uk.
Also for the COS is it going to be from 31st or 11th?
11th.
Do you think it is worth to pay extra and get one day decision or is it not possible because of the current situation?
Priority and super priority service is currently suspended and not available.
Also my SOC code is 3422 but since it is an extension I think I have to be minimum £30K (experienced rate atm is around 27K). Am I correct?
Experienced rate per the SOC for an extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Blattes

Post by Blattes » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:34 pm

Thank you so much!

Blattes

Post by Blattes » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:11 pm
Does that mean I can apply just before 31st or do I have to do it 11th?
You need to apply for an extension before your visa expires.

The 31st July date is for those people who are stuck in the UK with expiring or expired visas and cannot travel out of the uk.
Also for the COS is it going to be from 31st or 11th?
11th.
Do you think it is worth to pay extra and get one day decision or is it not possible because of the current situation?
Priority and super priority service is currently suspended and not available.
Also my SOC code is 3422 but since it is an extension I think I have to be minimum £30K (experienced rate atm is around 27K). Am I correct?
Experienced rate per the SOC for an extension.
Hi again
Sorry to bother you but do you know if my employer can allocate a UCos for me immediately or do we have to wait? I am the only employee on work visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:11 pm

If they have a UCoSos available, they can allocate/assign it to you at any time. A cos is valid for 3 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Blattes

How long does UCoS take

Post by Blattes » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:59 pm

Hi,
I have applied for UCos just 3 days ago, but from what I read, it takes 2-3 months and I do not have it, is there anyone applied for fast track service? Is there any guidelines on COS applications from government? I am not sure what to do, my visa expires in less than a month.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How long does UCoS take

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:41 pm

Blattes wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:59 pm
Hi,
I have applied for UCos just 3 days ago, but from what I read, it takes 2-3 months and I do not have it, is there anyone applied for fast track service? Is there any guidelines on COS applications from government? I am not sure what to do, my visa expires in less than a month.
Does your sponsor not have any UCoS to allocate??

A UCoS can be assigned immediately if they have available.

Have they contacted the business helpdesk??

Also please do not tag your questions onto other members topics. Post moved to your own topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Blattes

Post by Blattes » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:51 pm

Hi CR001,

I was trying to get more info on this by looking at other member's topics.
My company does not really know what they are doing, I am the only employer that needs visa.
They do not have any to allocate, at this point I do not know what to do. I will ask them to give a call tomorrow is it on 0300 123 4699 Business help desk?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:11 pm

Blattes wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:51 pm
Hi CR001,

I was trying to get more info on this by looking at other member's topics.
My company does not really know what they are doing, I am the only employer that needs visa.
They do not have any to allocate, at this point I do not know what to do. I will ask them to give a call tomorrow is it on 0300 123 4699 Business help desk?
I don't what number you have posted. Your sponsor will have this information as they should be getting email updates from ukvi.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-helpdesk
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Blattes

Post by Blattes » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:04 am

Hi again,

Thanks for this. My employer called business help desk however the number is closed because of Covid. We are going to send them an email explaining the situation. I think that is the best thing to do?

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:06 pm

Blattes wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:04 am
Hi again,

Thanks for this. My employer called business help desk however the number is closed because of Covid. We are going to send them an email explaining the situation. I think that is the best thing to do?
The business helpline respond to emails.
My employer had a reply from the business helpline in 2-3 days