ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

working holiday visa to work permit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rlatham
Newly Registered

working holiday visa to work permit

Post by rlatham » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:57 pm

Hi

My current workplace would like to sponsor me for a work permit. I am worried because i am approaching my 12 month of work. When the work permit application is submitted i will probably only have about three weeks left before the 12 months of my working holiday finishes (my working holiday visa expires on 7/2009). I will probably end up overworking my 12 months by about two weeks. When i then go to apply for entry clearance in Australia is my work permit likley to be rejected for overworking two weeks?

grant1
Member of Standing

Re: working holiday visa to work permit

Post by grant1 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:54 pm

u will be better off not working 2 weeks over your allowed time. it can be a problem.
rlatham wrote:Hi

My current workplace would like to sponsor me for a work permit. I am worried because i am approaching my 12 month of work. When the work permit application is submitted i will probably only have about three weeks left before the 12 months of my working holiday finishes (my working holiday visa expires on 7/2009). I will probably end up overworking my 12 months by about two weeks. When i then go to apply for entry clearance in Australia is my work permit likley to be rejected for overworking two weeks?

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:55 am

Why, this doesnt appear to be a Tier 1 query...
You might have more success with your enquiry if you post it in a more appropriate forum.