ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kikhan
Pakistan

Citizenship

Post by kikhan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:14 pm

Hi,
We as a family will be eligible to apply for citizenship on 9/7/20.
This is after 01 year on ILR, which was based on Tier 2 visa.
My daughter is finishing her A LEVEL and have done her GCSE from UK( born in Pakistan).
She will turn 18 years on 25/6/20.
1- does she need to give Life in UK?
2- does she need to give English language test?

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Citizenship

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:52 pm

If the application is on or after your daughter's 18th birthday, she will need to apply as an adult in her own right and will have to meet all the requirements for naturalisation (i.e. all the same requirements as you and your spouse). That includes the English language, LITUK, absence, physical presence and good character requirements.

The A levels is immaterial. As she does not have a degree from a UK university, she will need to get a B1 test result to apply.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.