ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gag285
Member of Standing
India

English Language Requirement for ILR

Post by gag285 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:00 pm

I am in the process of gathering documents for an ILR application in early Oct. My company's immigration consultants believe that I do not need to do anything additional to satisfy the English language requirement as the degree I submitted at the time of my current leave i.e. Tier 2 in 2015 along with the points calculator used at the time will suffice.

I was originally planning on sitting an English test which I decided against due to the COVID situation and explored the UKNARIC AQUALS and English equivalence i.e. NARIC Red Route. I have been told I don't need to.

I am not personally paying for their service but I went through gov.uk - Settling in the UK and it doesn't say anything about being able to use a proof previously submitted (valid at the time).

The company has been using the same consultants for a long time (successfully) so I don't want to sound silly questioning them again. What do you guys think?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: English Language Requirement for ILR

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:08 pm

No need to do anything.

Part 2 - knowledge of language and life: Paragraph 2.2(b)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... endix-koll
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: English Language Requirement for ILR

Post by gag285 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:59 am

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:08 pm
No need to do anything.

Part 2 - knowledge of language and life: Paragraph 2.2(b)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... endix-koll
Awesome Thanks