ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Richt
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR

Post by Richt » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:53 am

Hi

My wifes FLR visa expires mid august.

We have applied online for ILR paid for it and up loaded all documents.

I keep checking for appointments everyday but none available

1, What will happen if it expires before we get an appointment

2, is there anything else i have to do regarding bio metrics while we wait? or is that done at the appointment

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS appointments

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:58 am

Nothing. The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and not the biometric appointment date. If her visa expires, section 3c of the immigration rules kicks in which means her visa conditions continue until HO makes a decision.
2, is there anything else i have to do regarding bio metrics while we wait? or is that done at the appointment
Nothing else except upload supporting documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Freetonean
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Freetonean » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:26 am

I think that the main point here is, at least you have submitted and made full payment. :D
But I thought the rule is to submit a new application or an extension within 28 days of current visa expiry date. Not more than that? I am just asking.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:45 am

Freetonean wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:26 am
I think that the main point here is, at least you have submitted and made full payment. :D
But I thought the rule is to submit a new application or an extension within 28 days of current visa expiry date. Not more than that? I am just asking.
It is 28 days before reaching 30 months residence (and before visa expiry) in this posters case as they are on a spouse visa (1 x 33 month visa and 1 x 2.5 year visa). Different visa categories also have different rules in regards to the start of the qualifying period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Richt
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Richt » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:42 pm

Thanks for the replies

she has been here for 5 years so i assumed it should be fine, i just wanted to do it early anyway as soon as covid 19 hit i knew there would be massive delays ans thought best to get the ball rolling

Richt
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Richt » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:58 am
Nothing. The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and not the biometric appointment date. If her visa expires, section 3c of the immigration rules kicks in which means her visa conditions continue until HO makes a decision.
Thanks for the help

the 6 months bank statements and wage slips i have already uploaded wont be the latest by the time we get an appointment, shall i keep uploading the latest ones until we get an appointment or just leave the ones I have already uploaded?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:58 pm

Richt wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:45 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:58 am
Thanks for the help

the 6 months bank statements and wage slips i have already uploaded wont be the latest by the time we get an appointment, shall i keep uploading the latest ones until we get an appointment or just leave the ones I have already uploaded?
Your supporting document dates validity is relevant to your date of online application and not your biometric appointment. Supporting documents must be dated on or before the date of online application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Richt
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR

Post by Richt » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:07 pm

ok perfect, thanks very much