ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Success!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reddragonfly
Newly Registered

EEA2 Success!

Post by reddragonfly » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:01 pm

Hi,

I just want to write a short post to say thank you to all of you on this forum. I have read and reread numerous threads and posts while applying and waiting for my EEA2 application.

I applied (EEA2 for myself and EEA1 for my unmarried partner) at the end of March 2008 and received the certificate letters about 1 week later.

His EEA1 residence card arrived about in June 08 and I waited (impaitently and anxiously) for any news on my appliaction. All calls provided the same response - still under consideration.

We recently moved to a new flat and when I wrote to inform of the change of address, rather than do that, they sent back my documents.

As it turned out, my residence card/permit had already been issued in July 08. (I wonder if I had not written with the change in address if they would have kept my documents for the full six months?)

Needless to say, I am rather happy and over the moon that my application was a success.

I wish all others the same for their applications but thank you again because although I have never posted before, all the inforamtion on this forum enabled me to compile the application and kept me sane in the months of waiting.

Tyro

Post by Tyro » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:23 am

Hi there,

I am glad that you got EEA2 success.

I am sending my EEA2 form this week,
I am just wondering if you can help me with following questions.

1. In section 1 it ask when you last entered UK. I have been living in UK since September 2004, but I go on holidays every year. I went for three weeks holidays in April2008. So what date has to be entered in this field? Since I first entered UK or last time I came into country from holiday.

Also if you list the documents you sent with your application will be a great help for me my wife.

Best Regards

Tyro

reddragonfly
Newly Registered

Post by reddragonfly » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:08 am

1. In section 1 it ask when you last entered UK. I have been living in UK since September 2004, but I go on holidays every year. I went for three weeks holidays in April2008. So what date has to be entered in this field? Since I first entered UK or last time I came into country from holiday.

I put the date when I first arrived to live in the UK – as I was advised that the travels in between do not really matter – they want to know when you first entered the UK to reside.

Also if you list the documents you sent with your application will be a great help for me my wife.
I sent a lot of documents and will try to remember in the list below:
  • Support letter from my partner
    Application forms & photographs
    Employment contracts for my boyfriend (three spanning the last two years)
    Payslips – 6 months (his)
    Bank statements – 6 months (his)
    All correspondence from HMRC for both of us including his P60, letters that came with our NI cards etc
    Council tax, electricity, gas, water, telephone bills for the past two years
    Photographs of us together – incl with our families & friends
    Copies of emails and chat logs over the course of our relationship
    Invitation to wedding addressed to both of us
    As I was a student – all my certificates, letter from my Uni to show I have fulfilled the terms of my student visa
    Tenancy agreements for the past two years – with both our names on them

This is the basic things I put in but if it has both our names and was dated in the past two years, it went into my file. (I have the full list at home as i included a 'table of contents' in my file - if you like will PM to you this evening?)

I felt that I had a lot of unnecessary documentation but I read on another post here that you had better put too much than too little.

I hope this helps but feel free to ask me anything.

Regards,

Angie

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:15 pm

I put the date when I first arrived to live in the UK – as I was advised that the travels in between do not really matter – they want to know when you first entered the UK to reside.
Were you professionally advised regarding this?

reddragonfly
Newly Registered

Post by reddragonfly » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:07 pm

Plum70 wrote:
Not professionally, all my information came from the home office websites and calls to them as well as forums such as these.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:15 pm

reddragonfly wrote:
Plum70 wrote:
Not professionally, all my information came from the home office websites and calls to them as well as forums such as these.
I ask because the HO form only asks for the last time one entered the UK. I feel that if they required the question to be read/understood as the very 1st time one arrived/entered the UK then the phrasing would be very specific.

I personally inputted the last time I entered the UK as after a brief holiday in Switzerland. I doubt that this matters as they can tell from my immigration history when I first arrived in the UK.

If anyone has anything more to add pls do!