ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover letter for ILR.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

underfire222

ILR decision delay impact

Post by underfire222 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:07 pm

Hello ,

I am currently on a Tier 2 visa which is due to expire in a couple of months.

I submitted my application for ILR on 20/3 and booked a super priority appointment with UKVCAS intially on 26/3 which got delayed to 20/5 due to COVID.

Inlight of the current COVID crisis if the decision for my ILR gets delayed for further months and my current Tier 2 visa expires, what will be my legal situation??!

Will I be allowed to stay in the UK? Will I be counted as an over stayer on my Visa? Will this impact my ILR application or a future Naturalisation application?

In the very unlikely scenario that my ILR application gets rejected and my Tier 2 visa expires what happens? Will I be allowed to apply for ILR again while staying in the UK or will I have no choice but to leave the UK?

Apologies for too many questions , I am really anxious about my current situation and all the uncertainty.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR decision delay impact

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:47 am

You CANNOT get ILR if your employment is terminated.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/emplyer-refe ... 99630.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:09 am

Thank you for the reply.

So currently I am on a fixed term contract until Feb 2021.My maximum 6 year stay on Tier 2 is until mid april 2021.

I submitted my ILR application on 20/3/2020. Do you reckon the decision can be delayed until Feb 2021??!!

I work in the NHS and I can convince my employer to extend my contract but the problem will arise as regards extending my Tier 2 visa as they will not allow me to work if I dont have a valid extended Tier 2 visa on their sponsorship

So if my ILR decision keeps getting delayed and I come up to the end of my contract and Tier 2 visa what shall I do ? Do I ask for a job extension and another COS to extend my tier 2 visa while my ILR is still in progress?? Is that even possible?! Thanks would appreciate your advice.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:31 am

Feb 2021 is a good 10 months away. Only god knows how long the lockdown will carry on and nobody can predict when a decision will be made on your application.

You do not need another Tier 2 extension unless your ILR application fails
Only thing you can do is "wait" until the biometric centers open. Stay safe and relax
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:13 pm

underfire222 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:09 am

I work in the NHS and I can convince my employer to extend my contract but the problem will arise as regards extending my Tier 2 visa as they will not allow me to work if I dont have a valid extended Tier 2 visa on their sponsorship
If you’re a doctor, nurse or paramedic working for the NHS
Your visa will be automatically extended by one year if it is due to expire before 1 October 2020. Family members with a visa due to expire before 1 October 2020 will also have their visa extended.

The extension is free and you will not have to pay the immigration health surcharge.

You do not need to apply. We will contact NHS employers to identify staff eligible for this extension.

We will tell you and your employer if you have received an automatic extension.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... or-the-nhs
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:15 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the NHS automatic extension (for a year) does not apply to me as my current visa expires in Feb 21.

I understand that if you submitted an ILR application in a timely manner and waiting for the decision you are allowed to continue working under Section 3C with your same sponsor when your Tier 2 visa expires.

I just have a question as regards 3C:

On 3C, can I continue to work with the same sponsor/Employer but in a different job position and department. For example I'm currently working in A/E in an NHS hospital. Can I shift to a different department like Intensive care in the same NHS Trust? Both are under the same SOC code of medical practitioners.
My current contract with the hospital expires on Feb 21 but I can get an extension towards the end of my contract with the hospital either in the same department or a different one...

Thanks

underfire222

ILR sponsor letter date

Post by underfire222 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:11 pm

I am applying for ILR visa Tier2 general. My application was submitted on 20/3

My appointment on 26/3 was delayed until 16/6.

I understand from previous posts that bank statements and payslips submitted only need to be dated 28 days prior to the application submission date, which for me would be 20/3.
Does that rule also include the letter from current Tier 2 visa sponsor confirming that you are still required for employment. At the moment my current sponsor letter is dated at 16/3, do I need to ask them for a more updated letter prior to my appointment on 16/6?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR sponsor letter date

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:27 pm

Topics merged!!
underfire222 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:11 pm
I am applying for ILR visa Tier2 general. My application was submitted on 20/3

My appointment on 26/3 was delayed until 16/6.

I understand from previous posts that bank statements and payslips submitted only need to be dated 28 days prior to the application submission date, which for me would be 20/3.
Does that rule also include the letter from current Tier 2 visa sponsor confirming that you are still required for employment. At the moment my current sponsor letter is dated at 16/3, do I need to ask them for a more updated letter prior to my appointment on 16/6?

Thanks
Document dates applies to all documents and the date of application. Date of biometrics is irrelevant to this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:22 am

HI just a quick follow. up question on my sponsor letter query please.

My ILR application was submitted on 20/3 and my biometric appointment is delayed to 16/6. I undertand that documents should be dated from date of submission of application online.

The current sponsor letter was issued to me on 16/3. However from march to june a few things have changed. My salary increased slightly due to the annual 1% increase that everybody gets in April of every year and the contact details ie phone number of my employer HR department changed as they had to move offices due to COVID.
Would it be wise then to upload a more updated letter mentioning my current small salary increase as per my last payslip in may and the HR new contact details incase home office need to contact them??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:42 am

The documents upto date of application is what is relevant. Anything after the date of online submission and payment is not relevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

underfire222

Cover letter for ILR.

Post by underfire222 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:35 am

Hello all,

Just a quick question.

I applied for ILR SET O. My UKVCAS appointment is next week.

If I want to add a small cover letter explaining a few things regarding my evidence for application, how do I do that?

Do I just upload it with the other documents on the UKVCAS website under 'other' maybe?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cover letter for ILR.

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:45 am

underfire222 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:35 am
Hello all,

Just a quick question.

I applied for ILR SET O. My UKVCAS appointment is next week.

If I want to add a small cover letter explaining a few things regarding my evidence for application, how do I do that?

Do I just upload it with the other documents on the UKVCAS website under 'other' maybe?

Thanks
Topics merged.

You don't need a cover letter. Why do need to explain anything?

HO knows what they are looking for and what is expected to be uploaded in support of an ilr application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:57 am

Thanks for the reply CR001

I just thought it might be beneficial and more organised to include a small summery letter of all the documents I am submitting.

But I do get your point.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:59 am

underfire222 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:57 am
Thanks for the reply CR001

I just thought it might be beneficial and more organised to include a small summery letter of all the documents I am submitting.

But I do get your point.
Not necessary. You have minimal documents to submit, no need to explain anything.
Char (CR001 not Casa)