ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Tier 4 to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sam5sam
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Maintenance Tier 4 to Tier 2

Post by sam5sam » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:15 am

Hi,

I am a recently graduated student who has gotten a job within the NHS. I am going to convert my tier 4 visa to tier 2, but as I have been a student, I don't have sufficient maintenance funds in my bank account. I have asked my employer if they will tick Y on the CoS, however haven't received a response yet.

As my parents have been financing my studies and my first month of employment (plus with the COVID situation, I would like to start my job ASAP), can I submit my bank statement and theirs followed with a letter from them mentioning that they will provide me with the remainder of the funds when I need it, if my CoS comes back with a N?

Thank you.

quoala
Mood:
England

Re: Maintenance Tier 4 to Tier 2

Post by quoala » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:31 am

You would need £945 in your bank account for 90 days, so an insurance letter from your family won't work.

Worth to explain this to your employer and reach an agreement? Otherwise you will need to wait for 90 days with £945 before you can apply.

JohndoesUK
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nambia

Re: Maintenance Tier 4 to Tier 2

Post by JohndoesUK » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:55 pm

The question on maintenance has already been answered by the poster above, whether or not you will need to certify maintenance is wholly up to your sponsor.

I found the site below from Health Education England (HEE), it explains all processes that surround the issuance of Tier 2 visas to overseas NHS doctors who have acquired a training contract with the NHS. If this applies to you then it might be of interest if you haven't seen it before.

https://www.westmidlandsdeanery.nhs.uk/ ... ors/Tier-2

https://www.yorksandhumberdeanery.nhs.u ... idance.pdf

From the links
Maintenance
Public bodies cannot offer to certify maintenance on the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS). If applicants are successful in being appointed to a training programme in the UK, and require Tier 2 sponsorship, they will be required to provide evidence of maintenance (funds) to the Home Office when they make their visa application.
I have no idea how current this information is or if it applies to your particular situation.