ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nosey Employees

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sean7398

Nosey Employees

Post by Sean7398 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi everyone. My wife is going to apply for her settlement visa in the next week.
I will be her sponsor. The people at my workplace can be very nosey and gossipy. Does the ECO have to show any documents that we submit, to my employer? Only reason why I ask is because people gossip for no reason and a lot of them are private documents.

BROOMIE
Newly Registered

Post by BROOMIE » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:09 pm

The ECO should show your employer any documents however they coukld call your work place 'anonomously'

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:10 pm

Does the ECO have to show any documents that we submit, to my employer?
You work in the UK? Your wife is applying for a 27-month spouse visa somewhere outside the UK? Unless they have any reason to suspect that something might be wrong with a P60 or payslip, there will be absolutely no reason for the ECO dealing with the application will make any contact with your employer at all.

And if they do feel the need to make contact that would certainly be on a confidential basis.

In other words, stop worrying! They are subject to the Data Protection Act!
John

3crown

Post by 3crown » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:56 pm

we've gone through two refusals, followed by an over-turn and no-one has contacted my workplace yet. Good Luck
John wrote:
You work in the UK? Your wife is applying for a 27-month spouse visa somewhere outside the UK? Unless they have any reason to suspect that something might be wrong with a P60 or payslip, there will be absolutely no reason for the ECO dealing with the application will make any contact with your employer at all.

And if they do feel the need to make contact that would certainly be on a confidential basis.

susy1

Post by susy1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:59 pm

3crown wrote:we've gone through two refusals, followed by an over-turn and no-one has contacted my workplace yet. Good Luck
John wrote:

my application was refused but my employers did not receive a call or anything.

3crown, do u mean the decision to refuse was overturned and you got the visa - if so how long did this process take? thanks.

3crown

Post by 3crown » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:13 pm

Hi susy1
We were refused 7 May, decision overturned and Visa granted 1 June.
(not without help of good barrister, MP and daily emails to the ECM from me I have to say)
susy1 wrote:
3crown wrote:we've gone through two refusals, followed by an over-turn and no-one has contacted my workplace yet. Good Luck
John wrote:

3crown, do u mean the decision to refuse was overturned and you got the visa - if so how long did this process take? thanks.

susy1

Post by susy1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:46 pm

3crown wrote:Hi susy1
(not without help of good barrister, MP and daily emails to the ECM from me I have to say)
susy1 wrote:
John wrote:

thanks for your reply 3crown, and congratulations.

my husband appealed late june but we havent heard anything yet..

3crown

Post by 3crown » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:58 am

Susy1 - I'll keep my fingers crossed. :P Do you have a good lawyer helping you? It doesn't hurt to email the embassy yourself direct on a daily basis believe me, Be polite (to the point of grovelling!) and just keep asking what the hell is going on. Contact your MP too.
susy1 wrote:
susy1 wrote:

thanks for your reply 3crown, and congratulations.

my husband appealed late june but we havent heard anything yet..

susy1

Post by susy1 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:02 pm

3crown wrote:Susy1 - I'll keep my fingers crossed. :P Do you have a good lawyer helping you? It doesn't hurt to email the embassy yourself direct on a daily basis believe me, Be polite (to the point of grovelling!) and just keep asking what the hell is going on. Contact your MP too.

thanks 3crown.

i dont have a lawyer and i didnt name myself as the representative which i really regret now. my local MP has written to the embassy and has asked them to review the documents again. il email the embassy and ask whats going on - i emailed them before when we were making the inital application but did not get a response. - but you're right, its worth a try.

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:03 pm

how did u get hold of the ECM's email address was it on the refusal letter or what??????

3crown

Post by 3crown » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi Smooth Operator, No nothing on the refusal letter; the barrister faxed a letter over to the embassy once we'd been refused (to save time) and the ECM responded by email so it was made easy for me. The general rule is, you can telephone the Embassy and they should give you the name of the ECM - the emails usually follow the following format <name>@fco.gov.uk
SMOOTH OPERATOR wrote:]
how did u get hold of the ECM's email address was it on the refusal letter or what??????