ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-English characters

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amonra
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Payslip advise - Starting a new job

Post by amonra » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:07 pm

Hello All,

We just got married two weeks ago and my wife , she is Turkish, is living in Turkey. We will apply for her spouse visa ( I am British). she passed English exam A1 and I meet finance requirements but next month I am changing my job. ( So I will apply under Category B)

The thing is that beginning of March I am starting a new permanent job and It seems during the application they ask me to put payslips from my current employer ( at that time my new employer). If we apply during March , obviously I dont have any payslips from my new employer until the end of March. Here is the line from application form :

--quote---
Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application - for XXXXX for ZZZZZ employer
--unquote--

I can provide my contract and letter from my new employer, would it be enough or shall I just wait until end of March. Could you please advise me ?

Also do you know how long further I can pick an appointment date after I pay the fee. Other solution would be for me to apply now, select an appointment for first of April and by then I will have my first payslip from my new employer.

What do you think ? Would you please advise ?

Thanks and Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - Payslip advise - Starting a new job

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:26 pm

Ideally if you can then don't join the new job but join later when the application gets processed and apply under category A. Alternatively join the new job and wait for the first month payslip then add 11 months of payslips from previous employer and apply under category B. First get all things in hands before applying because anything dated after the date of application won't be considered. Also without submitting the online application you can't get appointment.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

amonra
Newly Registered

advice on speeding ticket

Post by amonra » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:40 pm

Hello All,

My wife has a speeding ticket in another country and during her visa application ( family member - spouse)
there is a question (below) abur driving offences. I am not sure speeding ticket falls under that category. As it was a small monetary penalty for speeding ticket. It was not a disqualification.

Shall we say yes to that ? IF we say yes, will they refuse her visa application ?

----quote---
"A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance"
---unquote----

Thanks in advance,
Reagrds

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: advice on speeding ticket

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:53 pm

amonra wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:40 pm
Hello All,

My wife has a speeding ticket in another country and during her visa application ( family member - spouse)
there is a question (below) abur driving offences. I am not sure speeding ticket falls under that category. As it was a small monetary penalty for speeding ticket. It was not a disqualification.

Shall we say yes to that ? IF we say yes, will they refuse her visa application ?

----quote---
"A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance"
---unquote----

Thanks in advance,
Reagrds
No harm in mentioning it with little clarification. It won't affect anything.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

amonra
Newly Registered

Non-English characters

Post by amonra » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:23 pm

Hello All,

I am confused with Non-English characters on visa application form.
During application form (Spouse Visa) it says "enter your name as shown on your passport" but my name has "Ü". As far as I remember earlier you were supposed to put your name using english letters only.
So shall I use "Ü" or "U" ? Could you please advise ?

"Enter your name, as shown in your current passport or travel document. (Required)"

Thanks a lot !!!

amonra
Newly Registered

Re: advice on speeding ticket

Post by amonra » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:23 pm

thanks seagul

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Non-English characters

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:23 pm

amonra wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:23 pm
Hello All,

I am confused with Non-English characters on visa application form.
During application form (Spouse Visa) it says "enter your name as shown on your passport" but my name has "Ü". As far as I remember earlier you were supposed to put your name using english letters only.
So shall I use "Ü" or "U" ? Could you please advise ?

"Enter your name, as shown in your current passport or travel document. (Required)"

Thanks a lot !!!
Usually the bio page of the passport holds both version (local & English). You need to supply all information in English.