ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Mistake on the form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alicenemo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Citizenship

Post by Alicenemo » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:05 pm

I have been getting lots of information from this site previously which really helps a lots of people like me to settle in UK legally. We really appreciate the nice job done by you peoples.

I have been on tier 1 immigrant visa and successfully got my ILR last year and likely to apply for my citizenship coming Sep. 2020, I have couple of question in mind before I apply therefore would really appreciate if some one could reply those professionally as per law to avoid any mistake or delay.

1. What is the correct application form to be filled by applicant.
2. How much is the fee of application.
3. What will be considered the start date of application, the day the application is submitted or date of biometric.
4. Do departure and arrival days (the day we leave the country and the day we re-enter the country) count towards days spent outside of the UK.
5. Can we travel after we file application or we need to wait for our biometric to be completed.
6. Since the decision process takes too long, can we travel during the application is under process.
7. Can someone share a list of complete documents for main applicant, spouse and dependents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:10 pm

1. Form AN, online.

2. £1330 plus biometric if £19.20 and any fee for a ukcvas appointment if no free slots are available.

3. Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the biometric appointment date.

4. No.

5. You can travel.

6. You can travel.

7. The online form tells you what is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alicenemo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alicenemo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:21 pm

Hi, so for question 4. I am two days short from the total (180 days) days I need to spend in the UK if I don't count the day I had my flight of departure and the day of my arrival in the UK. If I count those days too then I have 180 days total in the UK. Please suggest.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:32 pm

There is no "180 days" limit for citizenship. Unsure what exactly you are referring to by this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alicenemo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alicenemo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:59 pm

That was an error on my part. Let me explain a bit better.

From the day I received my ILR to the day I apply for citizenship I should not have spent more than 90 days out side of the UK. However, I'm unsure if the day I departed from the UK on my vacation and the day I arrived back into the uk count towards the 90 days spent outside the UK or are those considered to be in the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:01 pm

From the day I received my ILR to the day I apply for citizenship I should not have spent more than 90 days out side of the UK. However, I'm unsure if the day I departed from the UK on my vacation and the day I arrived back into the uk count towards the 90 days spent outside the UK or are those considered to be in the UK?
You only count WHOLE days out of the UK. Day of departure and re-entry are not counted as absence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Alicenemo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation - Mistake on the form

Post by Alicenemo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:41 pm

Hello everyone,

This forum has been a huge substantial help while filing for our naturalisation application. I have yet another query regarding the application.

We have submitted the application already, now we're on the document upload stage, today we realised that for two of my siblings we marked "no employment history" in the online form. However, they both have worked on Zero Hour Contracts during their undergrads starting sometime in 2018 to 2019. Although the hours worked were not significant (no more than £140 a month), they were however given payslips as well as P60s for the time they spent working.

Now from what I understand by reading some posts on this forum is that I need to write a cover letter informing the case worker of this mistake.

I would like some guidance on what to write and how to address this exactly in the cover letter. I would appreciate any help you could provide me with.

Thank you.

londonent
United States of America

Re: Naturalisation - Mistake on the form

Post by londonent » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:04 pm

Alicenemo wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:41 pm
Hello everyone,

This forum has been a huge substantial help while filing for our naturalisation application. I have yet another query regarding the application.

We have submitted the application already, now we're on the document upload stage, today we realised that for two of my siblings we marked "no employment history" in the online form. However, they both have worked on Zero Hour Contracts during their undergrads starting sometime in 2018 to 2019. Although the hours worked were not significant (no more than £140 a month), they were however given payslips as well as P60s for the time they spent working.

Now from what I understand by reading some posts on this forum is that I need to write a cover letter informing the case worker of this mistake.

I would like some guidance on what to write and how to address this exactly in the cover letter. I would appreciate any help you could provide me with.

Thank you.
There is no specific form, just on a piece of paper write that you realised that you made a mistake and explain the mistake. And then upload with the rest of the documents.