ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 Extension -- is RLMT necessary?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cnb1023
Newly Registered
United States of America

Tier2 Extension -- is RLMT necessary?

Post by cnb1023 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:47 pm

Hello!
My work has extended my contract for a year and I'm applying for a Tier 2 extension. I work as a librarian (not a shortage occupation)
My:
-Title is changing slightly (Graduate Library Assistant will become Library Assistant)
-Role will be basically the same although they wrote a new description to reflect new Covid19 procedures/services in the library
-Pay will increase.

The SOC is the same.

A RMLT was never carried out when I first got the job because I was switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 and therefore exempt. Will a RLMT need to happen this time, either because of the changes mentioned above or because it didn't happen in the first application?

Thanks in advance!

quoala
Mood:
England

Re: Tier2 Extension -- is RLMT necessary?

Post by quoala » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:01 pm

RLMT is not needed for a T2 extension with the same employer and SOC.

If pay has already been increased it should be updated in your new CoS by your employer before you apply.

cnb1023
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by cnb1023 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:47 pm

quoala wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:01 pm
RLMT is not needed for a T2 extension with the same employer and SOC.

If pay has already been increased it should be updated in your new CoS by your employer before you apply.
Thanks --
I am worried because in the Tier 2 Guidelines it states:
"40.20 If you originally carried out a resident labour market test before you started sponsoring the migrant, you do not have to do another one."
But as I switched into tier 2 a RLMT was never carried out. The wording of 40.20 leaves ambiguous whether a RLMT would need to happen with this extension, as it didn't happen in the first application.

Thanks in advance!

quoala
Mood:
England

Post by quoala » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:49 pm

I wouldn't be worried at all. You only carry out a RLMT with a new Tier 2 visa, an extension only requires BRP and passport as employee's circumstances have not been changed.