ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Child First Passport Application Whlist Child is abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helios3
United Kingdom

Child's First Passport - Urgent Travel

Post by helios3 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:06 pm

Hi Admins,

I need your kind help please.
My newborn Child's MN1 Registration Certificate was received yesterday after 4 months.

Now I want to apply for Child's First British Passport urgently as we have to travel back home as my mother is not well.
I went online and it says I should only apply if there is any compassionate reason.
Can you please advise what can I do?
  • Can I apply using premium fast track service?
  • Passport offices are closed so I cannot make appointment with passport office, should I apply by Post?
  • If try to apply online, it ask you for reason, if you select compassionate reason then it ask you to call passport advice line
  • If apply online, I select option 'other' then it let you fill the application, do you know if applying this way will take it as standard application and standard timelines will apply. Standard timelines are suspended it says on website.
  • If I take my child to my native country on native country's passport then can we apply child's passport from overseas? But I heard British Embassies are closed overseas.
The reason of above Qs is that I do not want my ILR card to stuck with HO.
Please guide me and help me what to do. I will be grateful.

Regards

paul911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Child's First Passport - Urgent Travel

Post by paul911 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:47 pm

I just spoke to HMPO and they said that you can apply for an urgent passport but only if you can prove that there is a medical emrgency or some sort of life and death situation. You need to provide documents. Otherwise, the only way to get the passport now is to apply online and wait (timelines are uncertain) or wait until they restart urgent service.

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:46 pm

Hi paul911,

Thank you for your reply.

I can provide Doctor's proof from back home, did they specify what kind of proof do they need?

And any idea when their Fast Track Service will start? Did they mention any date to restart Fast Track Services?

And do I have to send my ILR BRP card as well with my Child's Passport Application or MN1 Registration Certificate will be enough? If Yes then I will not be able to travel until it comes back.

Please advise. Thanks

Regards

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:14 pm

Hello

HMPO is very responsive by phone. I called them a few times and you get someone to talk to within a minute or two.

Rather than speculating, give them a ring and ask.

Otherwise, I recommend travelling without the child. First passports, especially in this crisis time, may take some time.

paul911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by paul911 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:00 pm

helios3 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:46 pm
Hi paul911,

I can provide Doctor's proof from back home, did they specify what kind of proof do they need?

And any idea when their Fast Track Service will start? Did they mention any date to restart Fast Track Services?

And do I have to send my ILR BRP card as well with my Child's Passport Application or MN1 Registration Certificate will be enough? If Yes then I will not be able to travel until it comes back.

Please advise. Thanks

Regards
I don't have any specifics about the docs, but as mentioned, give them a call. They will answer fairly quickly and give you all the details. They were fairly explicit about the need being a true emergency.

In terms of Fast Track, I did ask them and they said they have no information at all about anticipated dates.

I don't think you will need to send a BRP, as the instructions that came with my daughter's registration certificate specify that you need to send the BRP back for destruction. So in theory, you should not have the BRP if you have the citizenship certificate.

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:37 pm

Hi Paul911,

Thanks for your reply. I will call them tomorrow.

In the previous message, I wanted to ask was that do I have to send my ILR BRP (Parent ILR Card) with child’s passport application documents or child’s MN1 Registration Certificate is enough?

In terms of my child’s BRP, he never had one. He was born in the UK and had no passport/BRP before.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:21 am

Registration certificate is sufficient. Your ilr brp is irrelevant as the child has been registered on MN1 as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:29 pm

Hi CR001,

The documents I need to post to HMPO for Child's First Passport are:
  • Application Form Signed
  • MN1 Registration Certificate
  • Birth Certificate
  • Two passport photos (Can I use Pictures taken in January 2020) within 6 months period from today.
Any other document should I post? Please advise. Thanks

Regards

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:49 pm

Hi CR001 & Admins,

The documents I need to post to HMPO for Child's First Passport are:

Application Form Signed
MN1 Registration Certificate
Birth Certificate
Two passport photos (Can I use Pictures taken in January 2020) within 6 months period from today.

Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:36 pm

helios3 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:49 pm

Two passport photos (Can I use Pictures taken in January 2020) within 6 months period from today.

No

Printed photos

You need 2 identical printed photos if you are applying for a passport using a paper form.

You need digital photos to apply for a passport online.

You must get a new photo when you get a new passport, even if your appearance has not changed.

Your photo must have been taken in the last month
https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports ... quirements
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

helios3
United Kingdom

My Child First Passport Application Whlist Child is abroad

Post by helios3 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:41 am

Hi CR001 & Admins,

I am going to apply online for my child's first passport after I received Child's MN1 Registration Certificate Last Week.
So after applying for MN1 Registration back in March 2020, my spouse and my child went to our Native Country and They are still there as my child cannot return to UK until British Passport is issued. (Child has Native Country Passport).

@Zimba in this below post advised that Child can travel outside of UK on Native Country Passport but can only return once He/She has the British Passport which I can apply online within UK.
british-citizenship/mn1-registration-ap ... l#p1884343

So my questions are:
  • Can I apply for my Child's British Passport online within UK? UK Embassy Visa/Passsport Services in Native Country is closed.
  • Do I need to say 'YES' to passport of another country Question in UK passport application form? Will they ask me to send that as well by post? As I do not have it here with me.
  • What documents do I need to post to HMPO with Child's First Passport Application? I am applyinh online
Application Form Signed
Birth Certificate
Parent ILR BRP Card
  • Once I receive my child's British passport, can I carry it to my native country myself or should I send it by DHL? I heard that you cannot carry someone else's passport? But if I have my child's birth certificate, would that be ok?
Please advise.
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: My Child First Passport Application Whlist Child is abroad

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:47 am

Can I apply for my Child's British Passport online within UK? UK Embassy Visa/Passsport Services in Native Country is closed.
Yes, if you have all the original documents to post HMPO.
Do I need to say 'YES' to passport of another country Question in UK passport application form? Will they ask me to send that as well by post? As I do not have it here with me.
It is a mandatory requirement to submit the foreign passport with the British passport application if the applicant has a foreign passport.
What documents do I need to post to HMPO with Child's First Passport Application? I am applyinh online
Application Form Signed
Birth Certificate
Parent ILR BRP Card
Any other document should I post? Please advise
Foreign passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

helios3
United Kingdom

Re: My Child First Passport Application Whlist Child is abroad

Post by helios3 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:05 pm

Thanks CR001 for your prompt reply.
  • Once I receive my child's British passport, can I carry it to my native country myself or should I send it by DHL? I heard that you cannot carry someone else's passport? But if I have my child's birth certificate, would that be ok?
  • And when child will return, at immigration, there won't be any issue if child used native country's passport to go there and that passport has the entry stamp of native country but returned to UK on British Passport?
Please advise. Thanks & Regards