ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raj015
Newly Registered
India

ILR application

Post by Raj015 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:12 am

Hi there,

I’m eligible to apply my ILR next week and I was thinking to go with Super priority service but since it has been suspended and they say it won’t be back till October, I have to apply through standard service as I meet all the requirement now. I’m nervous about 6 months wait time for decision coz by looking at the present uncertain situation there’s high risk on the jobs and don’t know what tomorrow brings. My questions are:
1. What if there’s a risk to job after submitting the application, even after meeting all the eligibility requirement whilst submission. Would that effect the decision?

2. Is it possible to withdraw application before biometric completion if in case priority service is back in action? Does it create any problem and would that affect the new application decision?

Thank you and I really appreciate your help!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:15 pm

If you apply under Tier 2 but then you lose your job, your ILR will be refused as you will not meet the requirements. If you withdraw an application and your visa has already expired by that point, you become an overstayer and this is not recommended. Super priority is also NOT a guaranteed service.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Raj015
Newly Registered
India

Post by Raj015 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:23 pm

Thank you for the information.

I have visa till July next year and I hope that shouldn’t be a problem.

How fair it is refuse application which has met all the requirements when applying.
And also you never know what’s going to happen to your job in 6 months in this unprecedented time, will there be any relaxation considered? Is it possible to apply administration review and Challenge the decision?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:32 pm

Raj015 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:23 pm

How fair it is refuse application which has met all the requirements when applying.
And also you never know what’s going to happen to your job in 6 months in this unprecedented time, will there be any relaxation considered? Is it possible to apply administration review and Challenge the decision?
There is no relaxation of the rules for ILR. ILR under Tier 2 is only granted to employees who are needed by the sponsors for the foreseeable future. ILR is not an entitlement. You should seek to find a new sponsor if your employment is terminated
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Raj015
Newly Registered
India

Post by Raj015 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:01 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:32 pm
Raj015 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:23 pm

There is no relaxation of the rules for ILR. ILR under Tier 2 is only granted to employees who are needed by the sponsors for the foreseeable future. ILR is not an entitlement. You should seek to find a new sponsor if your employment is terminated
Thanks you.
If I change employment when my ILR application is in process, would that effect the decision.
1. Do I need to inform Home office about the change of employment and is that allowed legally!
2. Do I need to apply for New Tier 2 Visa for new employer sponsorship?

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Raj015 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:01 pm
Thanks you.
If I change employment when my ILR application is in process, would that effect the decision.
1. Do I need to inform Home office about the change of employment and is that allowed legally!

Cheers
1. You cannot change employers while an ILR application is pending with HO. Your existing tier 2 visa conditions continue while HO is processing ILR which means you can only work for your tier 2 sponsor.

2. Yes, but then your ILR will be withdrawn. You cannot have two applications with HO at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Raj015
Newly Registered
India

Post by Raj015 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:05 pm
Raj015 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:01 pm
Thanks you.

Cheers
1. You cannot change employers while an ILR application is pending with HO. Your existing tier 2 visa conditions continue while HO is processing ILR which means you can only work for your tier 2 sponsor.

2. Yes, but then your ILR will be withdrawn. You cannot have two applications with HO at the same time.
Sounds like I don't have any option other than being in the job until I get my ILR approved.
Thanks for your Clarification.
Cheers

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:23 am

Raj015 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:12 am
Hi there,

I’m eligible to apply my ILR next week and I was thinking to go with Super priority service but since it has been suspended and they say it won’t be back till October, I have to apply through standard service as I meet all the requirement now.
Hi, can you please let me know where you have seen this?

Raj015
Newly Registered
India

Post by Raj015 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:47 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:23 am
Raj015 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:12 am
Hi there,

I’m eligible to apply my ILR next week and I was thinking to go with Super priority service but since it has been suspended and they say it won’t be back till October, I have to apply through standard service as I meet all the requirement now.
Hi, can you please let me know where you have seen this?
Hi, I read somewhere in this forum. One thing for sure everyone guessing and don't have concrete information. Looking at the current situation I hope priority service should resume by end of July as furlough scheme terms going to change and social distancing rules might be relaxed and most of the staff will return to work. Just Sit tight, Finger Crossed!