ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Promotion while on tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Promotion while on tier 2 visa

Post by Sv2018 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:16 pm

Dear members,

I hope everyone is keeping safe.
Appreciate if you could help respond my query.
What are the implications on the visa status if a tier 2 visa holder is promoted as a part of career progression.
Current designation:consultant
Promotion to: Senior consultant ( with salary increment)

All the job specs as per the COS remains unchanged and it will be the same SOC code.
1. What is the process to update to the home office ? (I assume it only needs to updated on the SMS system)
2. Is there any impact on the ILR in future (2.5 years away)
3. Any other aspect to consider?
Thanks

quoala
Mood:
England

Re: Promotion while on tier 2 visa

Post by quoala » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:59 am

Congrats on your promotion. You only need to ask your employer to update both changes in the SMS(As long as it's not under a new SOC code). It won't have an impact on ILR which is 2,5 years away, people get promoted as part of their careers.

I have done the same.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:36 pm

Thanks a lot quoala,
Much appreciated.
So in your case, did your employer updated the your promotion in SMS and you already got the ILR?

quoala
Mood:
England

Post by quoala » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:55 pm

They updated with the T2 extension and it was 2 years late, it didn't cause any delay on the extension (Got it on the same day). So I assume it will be okay for ILR as well. The red flag for pay rise is when one receives a raise just before the ILR application to meet the minimum salary. For someone who had a raise long time before ILR it should be no problem as long as it's been reported.

dikayudha8
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by dikayudha8 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:17 pm

Hi quoala,

in my case, I would probably get promoted (I am not sure BTW) after I submitted my tier 2 extension with my current salary and current CoS that was assigned 1.5 months ago (where I didnt expect to be invited for promotion interview), but before the appointment. Will my application be rejected? Since IF I got promoted the salary would increase anyway.