ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority Service - Standard Service // Spouse Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kinder
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Priority Service - Standard Service // Spouse Visa Extension

Post by kinder » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:45 am

Hi all,

Hope you are all keeping well.

I was wondering whether anyone had heard back from their spouse visa applications since they reopened UKVCAS on June 1st.

I am about to submit my spouse visa extension, I was hoping for priority service to open. Home Office helpline keeps saying they are not sure when it will reopen. They also said standard processing time of 8 weeks might be longer now due to the backlog.

I was wondering whether anyone had a quick decision lately choosing standard service.
I would like to wait for priority, at the same time I am worried as UKVCAS is reopening appointments next Monday as the second phase and I would like to get an appointment as soon as possible.

It would be much appreciated if anyone has any idea about current processing times and whether priority will open anytime soon.

Thank you!!!

pinku09
Newly Registered
India

Re: Priority Service - Standard Service // Spouse Visa Extension

Post by pinku09 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:29 am

I applied mine 28th May and still waiting for UKVCAS appointment. I friend of mine applied March 18th and provided biometrics 20th still waiting to hear from HO. He applied standard service as he was in no hurry to hear a decision.

kinder
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kinder » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:42 am

pinku09 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:29 am
I applied mine 28th May and still waiting for UKVCAS appointment. I friend of mine applied March 18th and provided biometrics 20th still waiting to hear from HO. He applied standard service as he was in no hurry to hear a decision.
Thank you very much for this. Fingers crossed for us all. It seems like they are opening UKVCAS appointments next week in the UK, hopefully you will be able to book one.

kinder
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kinder » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:45 am

I am on the final page of my application (spouse extension) and it says next to Standard service: most people get a decision within 8 weeks of submitting their on-line application.

Is that correct? Or is this just not updated information? What if I apply today and do not get a biometric appointment within 8 weeks? Or even for longer?

Does HO check uploaded documents on UKVCAS before you book a biometric appointment? Does anyone have any further information on that? Thank you very much.

Best regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:04 am

I am on the final page of my application (spouse extension) and it says next to Standard service: most people get a decision within 8 weeks of submitting their on-line application.
The form is simply standard generic. Obviously it will take longer than usual now.
Is that correct? Or is this just not updated information? What if I apply today and do not get a biometric appointment within 8 weeks? Or even for longer?
Your application and supporting doucments are only submitted to UKVI by UKCVAS once you have attended your biometric and identity check appointment. UKVI is not able to see your uploads until UKCVAS sends it to them.
Does HO check uploaded documents on UKVCAS before you book a biometric appointment? Does anyone have any further information on that? Thank you very much.
No. UKVI is not able to see your uploads until UKCVAS sends it to them electronically.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.